Recipe: Appetizing Chicken & Rice
Chicken & Rice. A whole chicken cut into pieces and baked with a simple mixture of olive oil, chicken stock, garlic, spices and cheese – topped with balsamic vinegar just before serving. The best Chicken Savoy on the planet is served at the Belmont Tavern in Bloomfield, where it was invented by Stretch himself. Get dinner on the table with delicious, easy-to-prepare chicken recipes from Food Network, including grilled, baked and roast chicken.
Chicken recipes are a family-favorite any time of year. Jazz up this supper staple with flavorful recipes for roasted, baked, and fried chicken as well as chicken casserole, soup, salad, wings, pasta and more. Chicken piccata is usually made using sliced chicken breasts, but we find chicken "thigh-ccata" to be even more richly savory and flavorful. You can have Chicken & Rice using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken & Rice
- It’s 1 of -lbs chicken breast diced into big chunks (2”).
- You need 2 of – cup parboiled rice.
- Prepare 1/4 of red bell pepper diced.
- It’s 1/4 of onion diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 of – chicken bullion.
- You need Dash of yellow food coloring.
- You need 3 of – cup water.
- Prepare 1 of – cup cooking wine (white).
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 of -tblsp olive oil.
- It’s 1 of – small carrot diced & boiled.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
This super speedy version is perfect for an easy, awesome weeknight meal. Serve these chicken thighs with all of the delicious lemon-caper sauce over angel hair pasta. These buffalo chicken enchiladas—filled with tender rotisserie chicken, lots of cheese and, of course, Buffalo sauce—are a crave-worthy, easy and delicious meal. The entire family will ask for them again and again. —Becky Hardin, St.
Chicken & Rice step by step
- Heat oil and brown chicken on both sides.
- Once browned, add diced vegetables and minced garlic. Cook for 30 seconds then add the wine to deglaze..
- Add boiled carrots, rice, water and seasonings, stir, cover and cook for 20 min on med heat. Uncover, stir rice, adjust taste with salt & pepper, if it’s too dry add 1/2 cup wine and cover for 5 min so that rice absorbs moisture.
- Uncover and serve. Enjoy.
Chicken Tetrazzini combines cooked vermicelli, chicken, and mushrooms with a rich sherry-Parmesan cheese sauce. The mixture is sprinkled with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked until bubbly and golden. This is a great way to use leftover cooked chicken. Parmesan is full of flavor, so a little goes a long way. Choose your KFC chicken: original recipe, extra crispy, Kentucky grilled chicken, extra crispy tenders, hot wings and popcorn nuggets.