Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Simple Dirty Rice
Simple Dirty Rice. Save On Dirty Rice Mix at Walmart. Dirty Rice (Easy) Recipe by Vseward Chef-V. While visiting a friend recently she made this as a side dish with chicken.
However, it was a big hit! Next time I make it, I'll do so with a spanish meal! This Easy Dirty Rice is the perfect recipe! You can have Simple Dirty Rice using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Dirty Rice
- You need 4 cup of parboiled rice.
- You need 1 of med chicken liver.
- You need 1 of small red pepper.
- You need 1/4 of small onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh garlic.
- You need Dash of yellow food coloring.
- It’s Dash of cumin.
- It’s Dash of oregano.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 2 cubes of or small packs of chicken bullion.
- You need 1/2 cup of bacon bits (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of canned peas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canned sweet corn.
- Prepare 2 of tblsp olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 8 oz of beer (light).
Made with cajun seasoning, ground beef, white rice, celery, onion, and garlic this dish is flavor packed! If you're looking for a go-to side dish that is packed with flavor, then you're going to love this easy recipe. This Dirty Rice recipe is a popular Cajun dish made with white rice that becomes "dirty" in color when cooked with beef, sausage, chicken, veggies and spices. It's made in just one pot and is a hearty, flavorful meal everyone will love!
Simple Dirty Rice instructions
- Boil chicken liver for 10 min or until cooked, let cool and dice finely.
- Sauté onion, pepper,and garlic in the olive oil about 3 to 4 min,then add the wine and bring to boil.
- Add rice, bullion and seasonings, a pinch of coloring,oregano, cumin, salt& pepper, bacon bits,,bay leaf, along with 4 cup of water, cover and cook on med for 20 min. Uncover, add the beer, the corn and the peas, mix well and let cook for another 5 to 6 min. Adjust seasonings for final taste. Serve and enjoy.
If you love Cajun and Creole recipes be sure to try my New Orleans Gumbo, Red Beans and Rice, and Jambalaya. This dirty rice uses only red bell peppers and omits the green bell peppers found in other dirty rice recipe, which makes for a smoother flavor. Our Test Kitchen explains, "The finely chopped vegetables are pleasing to the palate but do not interfere with the mouthfeel of the rice. […] [There's] light heat and plenty of flavor, and it. Heat oil in a high-sided pan over medium-high heat. Cajun dirty rice recipe is truly a one pot meal.