Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Fried Rice
Fried Rice. Fried rice is a dish of cooked rice that has been stir-fried in a wok or a frying pan and is usually mixed with other ingredients such as eggs, vegetables, seafood, or meat. Fried rice is incredibly easy to make and can be tweaked a thousand different ways to clean out your fridge or assuage the picky eater in your life. Fried rice is a tasty dish that is traditionally made from steamed rice stir-fried in a wok, but it can also be made in a pan.
Make sure you season your rice with salt before it cooks. Add some butter to the cooking water, as well. Transform leftover rice into an easy dish your family will love with dozens of fried rice recipes from Allrecipes, including shrimp fried rice, chicken fried rice, and more. You can cook Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Rice
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of boneless cocked chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of cut ham.
- Prepare 4 cups of cooked rice.
- It’s 1 of whole red pepper.
- You need 1 of whole onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
Fried rice often ends up being an afterthought. But here's the thing — really good fried rice can totally handle the spotlight. In fact, it wants to be front and center, filling your dinner plate with all kinds. And fried rice can be soggy and tasteless if it's not done right.
Fried Rice step by step
- In a hot pan cook the eggs (like scrambled) and once cooked set aside.
- Cut the breasts into small pieces and cook in a big pan or pot also add the ham and season them.
- Once it’s cooked add the cups of rice and mix everything well together.
- Set this aside cooking slowly and cut the pepper and the onion into small pieces like the chicken.
- In a small pan cook the onions and pepper and add a little of seasoning.
- Add this to the rice and mix very well together then add the soy sauce and mix again.
- Add the eggs and mix together very well cook for a little more and enjoy.
Here are my full instructions and tips (plus video) for making perfect fried rice. You know when you think back to your childhood. Healthier & better than Chinese take-out! Fried rice is a takeout favorite, but it's also quick and easy to make at home. It's a great way to use up leftover rice—in fact, cooked, cold rice makes the best fried rice—and transform boring leftovers.