Recipe: Appetizing Beef Mince Galette topped with tomatoes, basil, spinach and feta
Beef Mince Galette topped with tomatoes, basil, spinach and feta. This basil, tomato and feta galette is like a more simple version of my Cheese and Tomato Quiche. The same delicious flavours and taste, but easier Tomato and Basil Topping. The last step is the filling of the Galette.
Arrange tomato slices on a wire rack placed on top of a baking sheet. Spanakopita is the classic Greek pie that is made with fresh spinach, herbs, feta cheese, and phyllo pastry. The salty feta crumbled on top is the perfect compliment, and really packs so much flavor – a little goes a long way. You can have Beef Mince Galette topped with tomatoes, basil, spinach and feta using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Mince Galette topped with tomatoes, basil, spinach and feta
- You need 1 1/4 Cups of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of butter , chilled.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of lemon juice fresh.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of water , cold.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of spinach Blanched.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Beef Mince.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Feta cheese.
- It’s handful of Basil of A leaves.
- You need 3 of Tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 Tablespoon of Garlic , chopped.
- Prepare 3 of chillies Red.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Black Olives.
- It’s 1/6 Cup of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Egg wash.
Cooked til set then topped with spinach and feta. My most favorite omelet is with cut up baby spinach, minced onion, crumbed feta cheese, eggs of course, and salt and pepper. Basil, ricotta, feta, other pickled / marinated vegetables, frozen spinach, olives, to name a few. I love making this with sun dried tomato because for a relatively unattractive looking shrivelled up vegetable, it packs a lot of flavour punch which is right up my alley.
Beef Mince Galette topped with tomatoes, basil, spinach and feta instructions
- Mix together the flour and salt in a bowl. Sprinkle cubes of butter over dough and mix it with the flour using your figer tips. It will have a crumbly texture..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice and water and add this into the flour mixture..
- Mix in the liquid using your fingertips or electric mixer with the dough hooks on, and form a ball. Do not overwork the dough..
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for atleast an hour..
- For the filling, blanch the spinach. Keep aside..
- Heat oil, saute garlic and chillies and add mince. Cook for under 5 minutes or until the beef is cooked through..
- Take out the dough from the fridge and roll it out into a 12 inch round. Tranfer onto the baking tray lined with parchament paper..
- Spread the beef mince, add feta cheese, spinach and olives on top..
- Spread the blanched spinach over it, place the cherry tomato halves on the outer sides making a circle and fold the border over the filling. For a finer finish, pleat the edges..
- Drizzle olive oil on top, glaze the border with the beaten egg and bake in the preheated oven (190C) for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown..
- Take out from the oven and transfer onto the serving plate..
- Nom nom nom..
So I always have a jar lurking in my fridge. Spinach and Feta Galettes are a golden, flaky pastry base with a flavoursome topping of spinach, feta, Parmesan and tomato. These Pepperoni Basil Tomato Puffs come with BIG-sized flavors with almost zero effort. CLICK HERE to Get the recipe. Braised Chickpeas with Tomato, Spinach, and Feta.