How to Prepare Tasty Rice Potatoes with Carne Picada cut Beef Gravy
Rice Potatoes with Carne Picada cut Beef Gravy. Slow Cooker Carne Picada is a flavorful Mexican beef dish served over rice or as a filling in tacos or burritos. Make this easy recipe for a delicious meal. Carne con Papas ( Beef and potatoes stew) is another recipe that reminds me of my mother.
Some time ago I bought a package of meat labeled 'Carne Picada' from Wal-Mart. The meat was something like a cross between ground beef and beef steak cut in strips. It's absolutely fantastic cooked in a skillet with sliced onins until the meat is just slightly pink then topped with shredded cheese. You can have Rice Potatoes with Carne Picada cut Beef Gravy using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice Potatoes with Carne Picada cut Beef Gravy
- Prepare of Potatoes————————.
- Prepare 2 pounds of potatoes red and white.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of kosher salt divided.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter divided up.
- It’s As needed of water.
- It’s of Carne Picada beef.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of English /Sweet Peas.
- It’s 2 pounds of carne picada beef.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 32 ounces of beef broth.
- You need 4 cup of chopped onion.
Because carne picada is thinly sliced, it cooks quickly in a pan or grill, which makes it appropriate for sandwiches or burritos when you are short on time. It is typically chuck beef, but meat labeled as carne picada may also contain other lower-grade cuts of beef. You may be more familiar with carne. These easy beef tips can be cooked on the stovetop or in a slow cooker.
Rice Potatoes with Carne Picada cut Beef Gravy step by step
- Peel and wash the potatoes just cover with water to boil till just starting to become fork tender..
- Get the carne picada ready.
- Dice the onion it was a big strawberry onion I used half. This yielded 8 cups of coarsely diced onion..
- Dice the onion and add to the hot oil..
- Sauté for 8 minutes then add the carne picada..
- Add the spices..
- Stir well cook till the beef is browned..
- Add the flour.
- Mix well and sauté for 8 minutes to get the flour cooked..
- Add the broth Worcestershire sauce, and peas. Simmer 20 – 25 minutes to thicken stir often..
- Drain the potatoes when just fork tender then rice or shred the potatoes..
- When the bottom of pot you boil them in is covered add half the kosher salt. Then gently stir in. Then rice the rest of the potatoes and add rest of the salt. Add butter in pats and gently stir in and cover..
- Serve the carne picada beef and gravy on top of the rice potatoes..
The slow-simmered meat makes a delicious meal with rice, potatoes, or noodles. Stewing beef cut from the chuck is the best choice for these long-simmered beef tips. The beef tips simmer to perfection in a simple beef gravy. Member Recipes for Carne Picada With Potatoes. Full ingredient & nutrition information of the Buffalo Chicken with Blue Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes Calories.