How to Prepare Appetizing Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice
Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice. Spanish Rice and Shrimp. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Prep and cook the Spanish rice. Rich flavor fills this shrimp and sausage mix of tomatoes, broth, and veggies piled high on Spanish rice.
Go ahead and subscribe and join. This is the best Spanish rice I've ever tasted. Our friends request the dish when invited over. You can have Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice
- Prepare 1/2 of Yellow Pepper.
- You need 1/4 of Red Onion.
- It’s 1 Cup of Golden or Yellow Rice (Arroz Amarillo).
- It’s 1 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 3/4 Tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Coriander.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Tumeric.
- Prepare 1 Can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes.
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of Water.
- Prepare 12-24 of Pacific Shrimp 26/30 count.
- It’s of Mrs. Dash to Taste.
- You need of for the sauce.
- You need 2 of Cried Prunes Re hydrated.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Orange Marmalade.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Broken Walnuts.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Orange Peel.
Add shrimp and cook until they begin to turn pink. Did you stock up when orange juice was on sale and realize you bought too much?. Rice And Shrimp Recipes on Yummly Cebu Style Steamed Rice, Bánh Bèo (steamed Rice Cakes), Cheung Fun (steamed Rice Noodles).
Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice instructions
- Place cooking bowl in your Rice Cooker, and add Olive Oil. Turn on and let heat for 1 minute. Add red onion, garlic, oregano, coriander, cumin, salt and turmeric to the bowl; stir using a wooden spoon, to coat with oil. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Add golden rice, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add water; stir. Add drained tomatoes on top of rice – do not stir in. Cover and make sure the Rice Cooker is turned on to cook..
- Use cooking spray on the interior of your steaming tray. Pan fry cleaned (tails off, and deveined if you did not already purchase them that way) shrimp for 1-2 minutes before placing them in the steaming tray. After 25 minutes of the rice cooking, place the steaming tray on the cooking bowl, (or in the cooking bowl, if not using a Cuisinart Rice Cooker / Steamer.) Cook until the rice cooker switches to warm mode..
- WHILE THE RICE IS COOKING, prepare the Sauce – Combine in a small saucepan the 1/4 cup of the marmalade, (reserving the rest) with raisins and prunes. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes more. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of marmalade, with walnuts, water and the orange peel..
- To serve, place the rice in soup bowls, arrange the steamed shrimp on top of the rice, and spoon the orange sauce atop the Shrimp and Rice. If you have remaining orange sauce, it can be reserved for several days after for use in other dishes..
Idli/Steamed Rice and split black gram cakeZesty South Indian Kitchen. oil, water, rice, rice, urad dal, salt. Chee cheong fun / steamed rice. Spanish rice is essentially a rice pilaf, but with southwestern flavorings. The browning is essential to the nutty, almost toasty flavor of the rice. And although bouillon can be substituted for the chicken stock, nothing beats homemade chicken stock, whose rich flavor is absorbed by the rice as it cooks.