Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Mike's EZ Spicy Spanish Rice
Mike's EZ Spicy Spanish Rice. Great recipe for Mike's EZ Spicy Spanish Rice. This easy dish is perfect as any Mexican side dish. I'm positive the homeless shelter you made this for will appreciate it twice as much!
When was the last time you had Spanish rice? You can substitute paprika for the chili powder. This easy spicy rice is the perfect accompaniment to any type of curry, and is the ideal way to make plain rice more interesting. You can cook Mike's EZ Spicy Spanish Rice using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Spicy Spanish Rice
- You need 3 Bags of Instant Success Rice [or you can make your own].
- It’s 1 Can of ROTELL Tomatoes With Green Chilies.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Green Bell Pepper.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Yellow Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Red Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Orange Bell Pepper.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Sweet Onion.
- Prepare 1/8 Cup of Fine Minced Jalapenos.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Of Your Favorite Salsa.
- You need of ● For The Sides.
- Prepare of Siracha Hot Sauce.
- Prepare of Tabasco Sauce.
Make it as hot and spicy as you like. In Northern Mexico, Spanish Rice is most often cooked with tomatoes and onions, whereas in Southern Mexico plain white rice is more traditional. Add broth including the chiles and garlic. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook according to package directions.
Mike's EZ Spicy Spanish Rice step by step
- Spicy Bean Burrito and Spanish Rice pictured..
- Fine mince your vegetables and herbs..
- Add everything, except for rice, to the pot with a slight amount of cooking oil. Fry until translucent..
- Boil rice as per manufactures directions.Usually 8 to 10 minutes Drain..
- Add to sauteed vegetables. Mix well..
- Top with fresh cilantro. Serve with hot sauce. Enjoy!.
Garnish with green onions and/or cheddar cheese. Best Spanish rice I have ever made. I think even better than our local mexican restaurant. Also, did not brown rice as read reviews saying made it too crunchy. I sauteed onions and then added broth, rice, and salsa and.