Recipe: Yummy Bourbon Chicken over white rice
Bourbon Chicken over white rice. I have a great, easy and delicious dinner idea for you. My sweet half even gave it a thumbs up. This sticky bourbon chicken is so easy to make!
Question: does it matter what type of vinegar? Easy Bourbon Chicken that's crispy, sweet, sticky and tastes just like the kind you grew up eating at the mall! Making this Crispy Bourbon Chicken actually makes me feel like a teenager. You can have Bourbon Chicken over white rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bourbon Chicken over white rice
- You need 2 lbs of chicken breasts cubed.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of garlic clove crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 of tspn ginger.
- You need 3/4 of tspn crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 of //4 cup apple juice.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cider vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of corn starch.
Bourbon Chicken isn't actually made with Bourbon, but that doesn't stop me from adding a bit. ????. Chicken thighs work best as they are so much more forgiving than white meat chicken. If you must use white meat chicken, just lessen the cook time by three minutes. I served the chicken with white rice and steamed veggies.
Bourbon Chicken over white rice step by step
- Add olive oil to pan and cook cubed chicken til lightly brown..
- Remove chicken from pan. Add all other ingredient. Heat over medium, stirring often, til well blended and dissolved..
- Put chicken back into pan reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes uncovered..
- Serve hot over rice.
It turned out sweet and had a taste similar to Hawaiian style Teryaki. Since I have never had We ate it all served over rice. I was embarrassed that I didn't have more to serve! The bourbon taste wasn't too strong – maybe because I baked it long. And Bourbon Chicken has taken back seat to unicorn-dusted tofu.