Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Trash Can Turkey
Trash Can Turkey. Before you laugh, just think about the last time that you ate a good turkey! There is something very important to remember. Trash cans aren't just for garbage!
A whole turkey roasted upright on a stake under a metal trash can. The moistest, tastiest turkey I've ever eaten. This is a Boy Scout Recipe. You can cook Trash Can Turkey using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Trash Can Turkey
- You need of What you need.
- Prepare 1 packages of heavy duty foil.
- Prepare 20 lb of match light charcoal.
- It’s 1 of galvanized trash can.
- Prepare 1 of stake, either wood wrapped in foil, or metal. i used a rotisserie with a grate.
- Prepare 20 lb of turkey.
- It’s 1 of rub.
- Prepare of For the rub.
- It’s 2 tbsp of poultry seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dry mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
- You need of Optional.
- You need 6 can of Beer.
- You need 1 of Cigar.
Turkey in a Trash Can!: We've been cooking turkeys this way for years and I figured everyone needs to try it at some point. We always make it a big event and this goes wayyyyy beyond a backyard. Turkish Trash Cans Manufacturers and Suppliers. Turkish trash cans, Turkey trash cans manufacturers/suppliers and exporters directory.
Trash Can Turkey instructions
- preparation for the "oven".
- Lay 2 sheets of the foil on ground where you will be cooking the turkey, preferably on sand. Be sure to have foil big enough so it sticks out all around trash can..
- Drive stake into middle of foil, to hold turkey about 6 to 10 inches off ground..
- Preparation for the turkey.
- Rub the turkey with olive oil.
- Add the rub all over turkey, even under skin if you can. Be generous..
- Place turkey on the stake. Be sure it is off the ground..
- Place trash can over turkey..
- Add 3 quarters of the charcoal around bottom on the foil. Place the rest of the charcoal on top of trash can..
- Light charcoal..
- Let cook for 2 hours and 15 minutes..
- While it's cooking, drink the beer and have a cigar. (Optional of course).
- When turkey is done, remove can with gloves on, it will be hot..
- Remove turkey with forks..
Best turkey EVER – trash can turkey! Turkey in a Trash Can!: We've been cooking turkeys this way for years and I figured everyone. Trailer is a trash can implementation that trails other common implementations by following the freedesktop.org standards but not having a GUI. It includes a full command line interface and ncurses. This is "Trash Can Turkey" by C Beaman on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.