How to Prepare Yummy Lu's Turkey Chili
Lu's Turkey Chili. Incredible, perfectly spiced healthy chili made with lean ground turkey, kidney beans and corn. Using ground turkey, canned kidney beans, and plenty of seasonings gives this simple and surprisingly light chili plenty of flavor. It's even better the second day!
Lauris Lu says: Just made this tonight and it was so yummy and hearty! Actually looks even better in real life than on this picture lol. Turkey Chili is a healthy, flavorful recipe that's it's easy to throw together and everyone loves it! You can have Lu's Turkey Chili using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lu's Turkey Chili
- Prepare 2 lb of Ground turkey.
- You need 1 large of Vidalia onion.
- Prepare 1 medium of Red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 medium of Yellow bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 large of poblano.
- It’s 10 clove of garlic cloves.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 12 oz of Dos Equis or other Mexican beer.
- It’s 31 oz of Light red kidney beans, two small cans.
- You need 31 oz of Pinto beans, two small cans.
- It’s 28 oz of Large can of tomatoe sauce.
- You need 1 can of Yellow corn.
- It’s 30 oz of Fire roasted tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare of Chili seasonings.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 4 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chipotle chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
It's just one of those family friendly dinners that everyone can agree on. Turkey Chili is so thick and hearty and bursting with flavor. This healthier chili recipe is loaded with tender beans, lean ground turkey, and the perfect blend of spice. Turkey chili is loaded with lean ground turkey making it healthier than traditional chili but just as hearty and satisfying.
Lu's Turkey Chili step by step
- Finely dice the onion, peppers, and garlic.
- Add a few tablespoons of EVO in the bottom of a preheated dutch oven. Add onion and peppers and saute until they become soft. Then add garlic and tomato paste and saute another few minutes..
- Add turkey and cook evenly making sure not to break it up too much. Mix tomatoe paste and chili seasonings with turkey mixture for 2 min to season. Add beer and reduce to half.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except corn. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours..
- Add corn to mixture for 20 min then serve. Enjoy!.
My friend Gina from nursing school, shared this award winning slow cooker chili. The life cycle of Thanksgiving leftovers really has two distinct phases. At first, everyone is excited to enjoy all the remnants of the holiday bird (or maybe just the ease of having so much. This turkey chili recipe, which takes a little under an hour to cook, falls somewhere in between. Turkey makes this specific chili recipe more mild, but there are two ways to make any chili more mild.