Recipe: Appetizing Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns
Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns. Learn how to make sautéed mushrooms with garlic and Serrano ham, a simple and healthy Spanish tapa. This recipe is very easy to prepare and tastes wonderful! Enjoy these sizzling Spanish Garlic Prawns from Omar Allibhoy's hit cookbook, Tapas Revolution.
Tutorial hosted by Alejandra Ramos of the food blog. Whether balancing atop slices of crusty chargrilled bread or dipping in creamy mash, these gorgeous garlicky mushrooms never fail to pack a flavour punch. There's no need to wash or peel mushrooms, simply brush off any specks or wipe over with a damp cloth or paper towel. You can cook Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns
- Prepare of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 150 g of Spanish ham (jamon serrano).
- Prepare 450 g of white button mushrooms, scrubbed and stems trimmed.
- Prepare 8 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s of Chopped fresh Italian parsley.
- You need of Prawns.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 450 g of prawns, headless and easy-peel.
- You need 1/2 tsp of smoky paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brandy.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh Italian parsley.
A typical recipe found at any Tapas Bar. This is flavorful and goes perfectly with good crusty bread and a glass of wine. Be sure and have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go in the pan. Setas or mushrooms are very popular in Spanish cuisine.
Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Lay the ham in a single layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp. Let cool. Chop the ham into bite-sized pieces..
- Add a good glug of olive oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and shallot and fry another 1 minute..
- Sprinkle the chili powder and paprika onto the mushrooms, and toss to coat. Add the chicken stock, cream, a pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Add the chopped ham, then turn the heat down to minimum while you cook the prawns..
- Add a good glug of olive oil to a second medium pan on medium-high heat. Add the tomato paste, garlic, and pepper flakes and let fry for 1 minute..
- Add the prawns (I don't peel them) and paprika to the pan. Toss to coat the prawns in the spicy oil. Add the brandy and lemon juice and simmer just until the prawns are uniformly pink. Add salt and pepper to taste. This entire step should take no more than 5 minutes..
- Toss chopped parsley into both pans, then plate the mushrooms and prawns in their own bowls. Sprinkle with more chopped parsley. Serve with crusty bread..
Many people in Spain drive or walk out to the countryside and spend the day picking them Autumn is a great time for mushrooms. This dish is easy and quite delicious served with bread as a tapa as an accompaniment to a beef, lamb, or pork. Salt to taste. ½ cup dry white. Cook Spanish, A meeting point for tapas, Iberico ham and much more!, cuisine: Spanish. Vegetables baked with bacon and mushrooms closeup. top view.