Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Rustic Chicken with Garlic Gravy
Rustic Chicken with Garlic Gravy.
You can have Rustic Chicken with Garlic Gravy using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rustic Chicken with Garlic Gravy
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 8 of chicken thighs, skin on.
- You need 22 clove of garlic peeled.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dry white wine (or stock).
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
Rustic Chicken with Garlic Gravy step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in center of oven..
- In an oven safe dutch oven or skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium high heat. Dry chicken pieces with a paper towel..
- Season chicken pieces with salt & pepper. Cook until well browned for about 8 minutes. Remove to a plate..
- Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and cook stirring occasionally until starting to brown, about 3 minutes..
- Sprinkle flour over garlic and stir until combined. Return chicken and juices to skillet, cover and bake for 15 minutes..
- Remove from oven and put back on burner being careful not to burn yourself. Remove chicken back to the plate..
- Over medium high heat, whisk in the wine and simmer for 1 minute. Whisk in broth, thyme and salt & pepper if desired. Reduce heat and simmer stirring constantly until sauce thickens..
- Turn off heat and stir in butter. Add chicken back to sauce to rewarm..
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or pasta..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)