Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Lemon-garlic Cornish Hens
Lemon-garlic Cornish Hens.
You can cook Lemon-garlic Cornish Hens using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon-garlic Cornish Hens
- It’s 2 of large lemons.
- It’s 4 of 1-1/4 lb Cornish game hens, giblets removed.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of each sea salt and black pepper.
- It’s 8 of fresh thyme springs.
- Prepare 2 T of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of bulbs garlic, peeled (about 20 cloves).
- Prepare 1/2 c of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 c of low-sodium, low-fat chicken broth.
Lemon-garlic Cornish Hens step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F..
- Cut one lemon into 8 wedges. Sprinkle the cavity of each hen with salt and pepper. Stuff 2 lemon wedges and 2 thyme springs into cavity of each hen. Lift up skin and rub olive oil then rub oil on outside skin..
- Place hens in heavy roasting pan breast-side up. Scatter garlic cloves in the pan and pour wine over all..
- Roast hens 25 min. Lower oven to 350°F. Cut remaining lemon in half and squeeze over hens. Pour broth over hens..
- Roast hens 25 min or until internal temp is 165°F..
- Remove hens from roasting pan and set on carving board. Cut hens in half and place on serving platter..
- Pour pan juices and garlic into small saucepan and bring to boil. Serve gravy with hens..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)