Recipe: Yummy Mike's Homemade Chicken & Beef Broth
Mike's Homemade Chicken & Beef Broth.
You can have Mike's Homemade Chicken & Beef Broth using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Homemade Chicken & Beef Broth
- It’s 1 of Fresh Rotisserie Chicken [shreaded].
- Prepare 4 of LG Stalks Celery [1/2" chop with leaves -divided].
- You need 4 of LG Carrots [1/2" chop – divided] ].
- You need 2 of EX LG Onions [1/2 " chop – divided].
- You need 8 Cloves of Garlic [left whole – divided].
- You need 2 (32 oz) of Boxes Chicken Stock & 2 Boxes Beef Broth [low sodium].
- It’s 4 of LG Bay Leaves [divided].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregeno [for beef broth].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Thyme [for chicken broth].
- You need 1 tsp of Rosemary [for chicken broth].
- It’s 2 Pounds of Raw Beef Bones With Marrow.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Black Pepper Corn [divided].
- Prepare to taste of Chicken Bullion.
- Prepare to taste of Beef Bouillon.
- It’s 1 Bunch of Fresh Parsley [for chicken broth].
Mike's Homemade Chicken & Beef Broth instructions
- ● For Your Chicken Broth Start with a quality Rotisserie chicken..
- Pull all chicken meat from bones and shread. Then refrigerate. Reserve all skin, fat and carcass to the side in a large pot..
- Here's what you'll need for your chicken broth. Also, water..
- Place carcass, skins, fats, chilled broth and water, [enough to cover all ingredients] vegetables and spices in a large pot. Simmer for 5 hours. Longer if you can to create a dense stock..
- ● For your Beef Broth Prepare at the same time as your chicken broth. Here's what you'll need. Sorry, onion and Oregeno not pictured..
- Chop your vegetables..
- Place bone marrow and vegetables on an ungreased cookie sheet. Your marrow will produce copious amounts of oil..
- Place in oven and roast at 450° for 30 minutes. Check at 15 minutes and stir..
- Add your seasonings to your beef broth and heat to a simmer..
- Pull bones and vegetables from oven..
- Add everything to your broth with enough water to cover ingredients and simmer for 5 hours covered..
- At the finish, fine strain all solids from your broths and discard. Jar your broth and use them in just about any dish instead of those dishes that call for water..
- Tips: Heat your oven to 450° first. Then, roast your bones and vegetables. Create your chicken broth second. I'd recommend not using any salt in this dish unless you know exactly what you're going to do with it. If unsalted – you'll be able to season as you wish per dish later. Since I typically use mine for Central and South American dishes – I add Maggi Chicken Bullion and Beef Bullion. If you're interested in the photo attached – it's my Green Chilie Chicken & Beef Stews that can be found under my profile. Enjoy!.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)