How to Cook Appetizing Mike's Sweet Chili Garlic Crab Claws
Mike's Sweet Chili Garlic Crab Claws.
You can have Mike's Sweet Chili Garlic Crab Claws using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Sweet Chili Garlic Crab Claws
- It’s of Seafood.
- Prepare 2 lb of King Crab Claws [precooked-dethawed-about 10 fat assed claws].
- Prepare of Garlic Chili Sauce.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Fine Minced Garlic.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Fine Minced White Onions.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 7 medium of Dried Chilies [with or without seeds].
- You need 1/2 cup of Sriracha Chili Garlic Sauce [see photo].
- You need 1/2 cup of Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- You need 1 dash of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of Ketchup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ginger.
- It’s 1 cup of Seafood Stock [plus 1 cup + reserve].
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Quality White Wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dark Or Light Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Red Dried Chili Flakes.
- It’s of Sopping Breads.
- You need 1 loaf of Crispy Absorbant Bread.
- Prepare of Garnishments.
- Prepare of Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s of Fresh Chives.
Mike's Sweet Chili Garlic Crab Claws step by step
- I usually make this dish in my Wok but it's being repaired..
- Fine mince onions and garlic to the size pictured below. It's an important step for cook times. Break up dried chilli peppers into smaller pieces. Add everything in the Garlic Chili Sauce section into a pan. Simmer for 6-7 minutes stirring regularly..
- Fully dethaw, water clean, remove rubber bands, rinse, dry and slightly crack open your claws with a knife or kitchen mallet. This step will help your guests out tremendously! Be careful though if using a large blade-the mallet is best. Cover claws with a towel before hitting them with your mallet. Otherwise, you'll take a shell to the eye OR, have crab meat stuck to your walls and ceiling. Ya, that's always pleasant..
- Place claws into your Garlic Chili Sauce. Coat well, cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes until they're fully heated. Remember, these claws should already be pre-steamed/cooked so they won't take long to heat. You're simply heating these claws and forcing your sauce to penetrate those thick chucks of claw crab meat..
- Pull claws from garlic sauce, shake and plate up as shown. ° Add 1 additional cup seafood stock to your sauce and fire it up again. Bring to a simmer and add 1.5 tablespoons Corn Starch and and less than 1 tablespoon water. Mix well and add to simmer. Stir quickly and briskly to your simmer. It most likely won't occur but, look for any corn starch clumps and discard. Your sauce will thicken up as it simmers. If not, leave it be or add another teaspoon corn starch and water..
- You'll know when your sauce is ready. You'll be able to draw a line thru your sauce and see the base of the pan for 5 seconds or so. See photo below for an example. This is when I add a couple dashes of granulated garlic and stir for that garlic stepping finale..
- With a slotted spoon, scoop out the hot/heavy solids and lay gently over your claws leaving chunks on your shells. Then, pour the viscous remainders between the claws. Your guests will use their bread to sop up the garlic chili sauce leftovers. I've watched as guests will actually use their discarded shells to scoop up the sauce and eat it that way. Now there's a compliment!.
- Garnish with fine chopped chives cut at an angle and fresh Cilantro with stems. Serve with warmed crusted – yet absorbant – bread chunks to sop up your sauce. Chop your bread into 1-2 bite sized pieces [not pictured] and tons of wet napkins and towels! I put newspaper down on the table as well and usually serve these outside. I have white carpets. ;0) Enjoy!.
- Chef? Prepare yourself to be adored. ;0).
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)