Recipe: Delicious Creamy White Bean Soup
Creamy White Bean Soup. Canned white kidney beans, chicken broth and fresh spinach are used in this flavorful soup. Serve garnished with shredded Parmesan cheese. I love Tuscan White Bean soup.
This vegan white bean soup is quite similar and therefore I love it equally. It contains healthy vegetables and potatoes which are packed with many nutrients, minerals, and fiber. It's lightly creamy but still broth-y. You can cook Creamy White Bean Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy White Bean Soup
- Prepare of uncooked thick sliced bacon.
- It’s of celery, diced.
- Prepare of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- It’s of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- You need of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need of half and half (or heavy cream).
- It’s of each salt, dried rosemary.
- Prepare of each dried thyme, pepper.
- Prepare of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of packed cups roughly torn kale.
The base is really simple with a focus on the earthiness of the beans. Kale is added for a touch of green at the end, and lemon With a dish as basic as this creamy white bean soup, I like to really focus on the quality of the ingredients. I had a particularly rich homemade. A delicious, healthy & comforting tomato soup thickened with blended white beans.
Creamy White Bean Soup instructions
- Start by dicing up the bacon. The easiest way to do this is to pop the slices in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, until it firms up, then take it out and snip it with some sharp kitchen shears. Hands down, this is the easiest way to cut up raw bacon..
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook the chopped bacon until it is browned and crispy. Then remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a towel lined plate, but leave about 1 tbsp. of the drippings in the pot. Add the celery, onion and carrot to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften up, about 5 or so minutes. Then add the garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the drained beans, broth, cream and seasonings to the pot and give it all a good stir. Let it come up to a low boil. Then reduce the heat down a bit and let everything simmer for about 20 or so minutes. At this point, taste it and add any additional seasonings that you think it needs..
- Remove the pot from the heat and use an immersion blender to give the soup a couple of quick blitzes, until it's your desired consistency. Or you could just blend half the soup in a blender, then stir it back in. Then immediately stir in the parmesan cheese, the cooked bacon and the kale. Once the greens wilt into the soup, you're ready to serve..
Leftovers are great for packed lunches! I thickened the soup with white beans (half blended and half left whole for texture). For extra creaminess, I also blended in some raw cashews. This white bean soup has roasted garlic (i.e. the best flavor known to mankind), creamy white beans, and a handful of spinach (for the health of it!). Cook them a bit, add the beans, broth, milk, pepper, and garlic, then cook.