Recipe: Yummy Classic Club Sandwich
Classic Club Sandwich. A club sandwich, also called a clubhouse sandwich, is a sandwich of bread (traditionally toasted), sliced cooked poultry, ham or fried bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. It is often cut into quarters or halves and held together by cocktail sticks. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen.
CLASSIC DOUBLE-DECKER CLUB SANDWICH, also know as a CLUBHOUSE SANDWICH. This popular sandwich is made with sliced turkey. A club sandwich is a delicious deli classic, and it is so easy to make yourself at home. You can cook Classic Club Sandwich using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Club Sandwich
- You need 3 of thin slices of bread.
- You need 4 slices of shaved roasted turkey.
- Prepare 4 strips of cooked bacon.
- Prepare Slice of mozzarella.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1/4 of avocado sliced.
- It’s 2 leaves of lettuce.
- It’s of Salt and ground black pepper.
- You need 2 slices of tomato.
So I am sharing my super easy club sandwich recipe with y'all.????????. The club sandwich probably first appeared at gambling houses (or clubhouses) in New York Since then, this sandwich has become an iconic classic, available at diners and roadhouses worldwide. Born from an elusive past, the club sandwich (like all great things in history) was supposedly created accidentally by a ravenous. This turkey club sandwich can be made with deli meat and it'll be really good.
Classic Club Sandwich instructions
- First lightly toast the slices of bread..
- Spread the mayonnaise on one slice, honey on another slice and leave the last for now..
- Place turkey on the slice with mayo, then add sliced avocado, salt & pepper to taste..
- Cover with the next slice of bread, mustard side down. Now put a tablespoon of mayonnaise on the top of that same slice..
- Place the tomato on the mayonnaise, followed by the bacon strips,then the lettuce leaf. You may add a bit more black pepper here if you like.
- Add 1 tbsp of mustard to the last slice of bread and place it on top mustard side down..
- Secure the sandwich with 4 cocktail swords or toothpicks, about 1 inch from each of the sides. Slice sandwich in half twice diagonally, making 4 small triangle sandwiches..
- Serve with your favorite side- coleslaw, potato salad or chips and enjoy this awesome sandwich.
But wait until you make it with your own leftover turkey. We love putting some leftover cranberry sauce on the sandwich. Club sandwich was also the favorite sandwich of King Edward VIII of England. Today, it is usually cut into triangles or quarters when served, and it is often held together by wooden sticks. Purchase the sliced sandwich bread for this, use white or whole wheat.