Recipe: Tasty Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich
Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich. Lynn demonstrates how to make Hot Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwiches. These are perfect for an appetizer or lunch. You can easily double or triple the recipe.
Reviews for: Photos of Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches. Make this Ham & Cheese Sandwich from Delish.com today—it's going to be way better than the one you had in your lunch box as a kid. Ham and cheese sandwiches are simple to make. You can cook Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich
- You need 1/2 of to 1 lb sliced ham, lunch meat.
- Prepare 4 slice of any type slice cheese, such as Pepper Jack, or Provolone, etc., your choice.
- You need 4 of Italian Steak Rolls or Hoagie Buns.
- Prepare 1 of topping of choice, mayo, mustard, dijon mustard, pickles, onions, etc. etc..
- You need 1 tbsp of bacon grease, OR Cooking Spray, your choice.
If you can a really good sandwich, however, you'll have to do more than sticking a couple of slices of ham and cheese between two slices of bread. Keywords: hot ham and cheese sandwich, caramelized onions, ham sandwich. Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and hashtag it #pinchofyum. My son LOVES ham, cheese and pickle sandwiches!!!
Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich instructions
- Take 1/2 – 1 pound of sliced ham. (Depends on how much ham you want on your sandwich.) Roll up and slice in thin strips, about 1/4 inch wide..
- Saute ham slices on medium -medium high heat in non stick skillet with bacon grease, OR for a lighter meal (less calories) use a squirt of cooking spray before you throw ham in skillet..
- Saute until some of the pieces of ham start browning a bit..
- Preheat oven to broil, low..
- Slice bread (if not already sliced) lengthwise, but not all the way thru..
- Divide ham between the four buns..
- Top ham with a piece of cheese. I like to tear cheese in half and place it longways on the bun to cover most of the ham up..
- Broil until cheese is melty, bubbly and starts to brown..
- Remove from oven and add toppings such as mayo, mustard, pickles, lettuce, onions, etc..
- I like to use Virginia Brand Smoked Ham and Pepper Jack or Provolone cheese, topped with mayo and mustard. Any type of sliced ham, cheese or toppings can be used..
He says his mouth is watering looking at the pictures of this sandwich, so. Baked Hot Ham Cheese Sandwiches – Written Reality. Garden vegetable cream cheese takes these hot ham and cheese sandwiches to an out of this world meal idea. It's an easy recipe your family will love! View our menu of hot subs and cheese steaks grilled fresh every time.