Recipe: Tasty Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders
Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders. Fried green tomatoes are one of our all-time favorite summertime indulgences! This sandwich really shows off the tomatoes' flavor by using light panko bread crumbs as a coating. The roasted red pepper mayo is the perfect finishing touch.
Fried Green Tomato Sandwich. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Sprinkle tomatoes with hot sauce (if desired). Dip tomato in egg, then dredge in cornmeal. You can cook Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders
- You need 2 of large green tomatoes.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 cups of bread crumbs, flour, or desired coating for frying.
- It’s strips of Cooked bacon.
- Prepare of Fresh lettuce, spinach, or desired crisper veggie for sandwich.
- It’s of Bread slices (lightly toasted).
- Prepare of Mini slider buns (lightly toasted).
- It’s of Dried chopped onion.
- You need of Sea salt.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- It’s of Black pepper (ground).
- Prepare of Seasoning Salt.
- Prepare of Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Optional Ingredients:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- You need slices of Swiss cheese.
Layer tomato, bacon, lettuce on toasted bread. The classic bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich reaches all new heights when you introduce fried green tomatoes to the mix! Before I met the Southern husband, I'm not sure I knew what a fried green tomato actually was. It sounded like an unripe tomato that was tossed in a frying pan, and I.
Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders instructions
- Begin to heat grease for deep frying in deep pot or pan, deep fryer, or crockpot. Meanwhile, in small to medium sized bowl combine bread crumbs, seasonings, chopped onion, (and grated parmesan if desired) and Mix well. In separate small bowl crack and mix up eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper to prepare for breading. Wash tomatoes (and red onion if frying that also) and slice into half inch thick slices..
- Dip veggies, one at a time, first into egg mixture and flip a few times until completely coated. Next, immediately plunge the egg covered veggie in the breading mixture and cover completely. Then drop into frying oil right away. Fry until golden brown..
- Place deep fried veggies on a paper towel layered plate or tray to let the grease drain and begin to rinse lettuce and grab any other toppings you desire (such as swiss cheese! ????).
- Add Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise to Toasted Bread and stack Your Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes! Here you can also add your swiss cheese and sweet onion rings as extra add-ons to your BLT sandwich or you can enjoy them as an onion rings side dish! Or Both!.
- I also had some mini slider buns so I made them up for the kiddos! Even my picky child that doesn't like tomatoes scarfed these down and asked me to make them again! These were delicious!.
Fried Green Tomato BLT is a different twist on the traditional sandwich with a crispy Southern fried tomato on fresh ciabatta bread. Fried green tomato blt sandwiches is my recipe of the day as my blogging friends and I share recipes for various kinds of creative BLTs. View top rated Green tomato blt sandwich recipes with ratings and reviews. Transfer to wire rack set over large sheet foil. The tomatoes are thick and hearty and a bit zingy and slightly sour.