Recipe: Tasty Roasted Garlic-Rosemary-Thyme Chicken with Shiitake Gravy
Roasted Garlic-Rosemary-Thyme Chicken with Shiitake Gravy. Stuff a whole chicken with onion and fresh rosemary for a simple and delicious roast dinner accompanied by roasted vegetables. Flavorful Oven Roasted Rosemary Chicken Thighs in Wine Sauce will create a mouth watering aroma around your kitchen. After chicken thighs are browned, mushrooms and garlic are sautéed together, then white wine and chicken stock are added to the pan along with minced fresh rosemary!
Place pork, fat side down, in prepared roasting pan. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired. Seasoned and coated with butter-herb mixture. You can cook Roasted Garlic-Rosemary-Thyme Chicken with Shiitake Gravy using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Garlic-Rosemary-Thyme Chicken with Shiitake Gravy
- You need 1 Kilogram of chicken thigh/leg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dry/fresh rosemary.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of dry/fresh thyme.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic (minced).
- You need 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried shiitake mushroom (sliced small).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
Here is another one of my favorite roasted chicken recipes, lemon, garlic & rosemary roasted chicken. I still like my simple roasted chicken but on days when I want to kick it. Herb-Crusted Pork Rib Roast with Red Wine SaucePork. This roasted rosemary garlic chicken fits perfect into Sunday dinner at home.
Roasted Garlic-Rosemary-Thyme Chicken with Shiitake Gravy step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, paprika, black pepper and salt (about 2 tbsps or to taste)..
- Pour the mixture on the chicken and rub it all over. Let it marinate for at least 30mins to overnight (put it in the fridge if you're leaving it overnight)..
- Place the chicken on a baking tray (or with a rack) and bake at 350F for 1 hour. Then increase the temp to 400F and bake for 15mins more (total of 1hr and 15mins)..
- For the gravy, melt the butter in a saucepan on med-low heat. Fry the mushrooms for 1min then add the four. Mix well to cook-out the flour (roux)..
- Add 1-1.5 cups of chicken stock depending on how thick you like your gravy. You can also use the drippings or juices from the roasting tray. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Let the chicken rest for at least 10mins before serving. Bon appetit..
Rosemary and chicken are just meant to be best friends with It usually takes a couple hours to roast the chicken in the oven and you need to be nearby to lovingly spoon the juices over the chicken as it is cooking to. Juicy, tender whole roasted chicken seasoned with lemon and rosemary is always a winner in my house, perfect for the colder months. Roasting a whole chicken is pretty simple to do, as long as you have a thermometer you can't go wrong. The combination of rosemary and lemon is wonderful. Add the shrimp to the dish and toss with tongs until Serve the shrimp over white rice or with some crusty bread to sop up the fragrant olive oil.