Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Toscana Soup
You can cook Toscana Soup using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Toscana Soup
- You need of breakfast sausage links, chopped.
- It’s of bacon (not precooked), chopped.
- Prepare of med onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Knorrs chicken stock base.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of large potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- It’s of kale, stemmed and chopped.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Toscana Soup instructions
- In a soup pot fry sausage till done, remove and set aside, drain grease..
- In the same pot fry bacon till crisp, remove, divide and set aside. Drain grease, keeping a few teaspoons in the pot..
- Add onions to the bacon grease and cook until translucent, add the garlic and cook an additional minute..
- Add chicken stock base*, water and potatoes..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked..
- Add sausage, kale, half the bacon and the cream*..
- Simmer an additional 4 minutes or until desire doneness of kale..
- Salt and pepper to taste, serve topped with remaining crumbled bacon..
- When I add the stock base and cream I start with the minimum amount required and then taste and add or not to suite my own personal preference..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)