Recipe: Tasty Collard Greens in Olive Oil
Collard Greens in Olive Oil.
You can cook Collard Greens in Olive Oil using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Collard Greens in Olive Oil
- Prepare of potatoes, sliced.
- It’s of garlic cloves, sliced.
- Prepare of fresh mint.
- Prepare of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare of chicken stock cube.
- Prepare of salted cod portions, optional.
- It’s of water, plus extra..
- It’s of sea salt.
- It’s of collard Greens.
Collard Greens in Olive Oil step by step
- If using cod, soak the fish in cold water 24 hours before cooking. Change water 3-4 times during this time..
- An important step is to pre-cook the greens prior to actually making the recipe. This stops it from becoming too bitter during the cooking process..
- In a large pan bring water to the boil..
- Wash and roughly tear the greens. Once the water is boiling drop the greens into the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes..
- Strain the greens and dispose of the water. Rinse the pan and add in the 2 litres of cold water..
- Add the greens, salt and olive oil, cover with lid and bring to the boil..
- Once its boiling, add in the potatoes, garlic, and stock cube, lightly stir, cover with lid and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Add in the the cod and cook for a further 5 minutes..
- Check seasoning is to your taste..
- Remove from the heat, add in the mint, lightly stir and let it rest for 10-15 minutes..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)