Recipe: Perfect Peach Mousse and Jelly
Peach Mousse and Jelly.
You can have Peach Mousse and Jelly using 19 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peach Mousse and Jelly
- Prepare 1 of Cake sponge.
- Prepare of For making mousse.
- It’s 2 of Egg yolks.
- It’s 65 grams of Sugar (fine granulated sugar).
- It’s 120 ml of Milk.
- You need 100 ml of Double cream.
- It’s 100 grams of Yogurt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Peach liqueur.
- You need 1 of Peach compote.
- It’s 30 grams of Gel dessert or gelatin leaves.
- It’s of For making jelly.
- It’s 100 ml of ☆Peach compote syrup.
- Prepare 100 ml of ☆Water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ☆Lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 grams of Gelatin powder.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tablespoons water for gelatin.
- You need of Toppings:.
- You need 1 of less than 1 peach compote.
- You need 1 of Mint leaves.
Peach Mousse and Jelly step by step
- If you are going to use gelatin leaves, soak it in water (not listed) to soften..
- Slice the sponge into 1-cm thickness and cut out with a circle to cover the bottom of the serving cups..
- Line the bottom of the serving cups with the prepared sponge and brush with plenty of peach compote syrup (not listed in the ingredients)..
- Blitz the peach compote, yoghurt and liqueur in a blender. You can use a mixer too..
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks form and chill in the fridge..
- Put the egg yolks and sugar and whisk until pale and fluffy with a balloon whisk. Once you mix the egg yolks and sugar start to whisk straight away..
- Put the milk in a sauce pan and heat until it is almost boiling..
- Remove from the heat and add to 6 little by little. Stir constantly..
- Return to the heat and heat until thickened, stirring with a plastic spatula. Do not overcook because the egg yolks start to separate..
- Remove from the heat as soon as it thickens. Add the gel dessert and mix well. If you use gelatin leaves drain well first and add to the mixture..
- Put the pan over a bowl with ice and water and stir the mixture constantly. After cooled transfer the mixture to a bowl, add the 4 yoghurt and whisk well with a balloon whisk..
- Add the 5 cream and mix well..
- Pour the mixture into the prepared serving cups, filling up to 70 to 80 %. Chill and set in the fridge..
- Make the jelly. Soak the gelatin powder in 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of water. Mix in the ☆ ingredients and dissolved gelatin powder over a bain marie..
- Pour the jelly mixture into a shallow container. Chill in the fridge until set. After set break the jelly with a fork..
- Top the 13 set mousse with cubed peach compote and 15 jelly..
- Garnish with mint leaves..
- This is a quite rich mousse with egg yolk and cream but the yoghurt and peach give a crisp touch to it. Juicy!.
- Additional note: I didn't like the excess water to dissolve gelatin powder so I used gelatin leaves instead..
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)