How to Cook Perfect Gorgonzola & Mushroom Steak Risotto
Gorgonzola & Mushroom Steak Risotto. Gorgonzola is a veined Italian cheese, made from unskimmed cow's milk. It can be buttery or firm, crumbly and quite salty, with a "bite" from its blue veining. syra-gorgonzola/. Salmon and Gorgonzola brought together by a delightfully lively sauce.
A little background on Gorgonzola from Wikipedia: Gorgonzola is a veined Italian blue cheese, made from unskimmed cow's and/or goat's milk. It can be buttery or firm, crumbly and quite salty. Gorgonzola is a specific type of blue cheese, produced in Northern Italy. You can have Gorgonzola & Mushroom Steak Risotto using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gorgonzola & Mushroom Steak Risotto
- You need 4 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of dried mushrooms.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of arborio rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of crumbled gorgonzola cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped chives.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 packages of stew meat (optional).
While both are extensively used in cooking and with wine and food, gorgonzola has a unique taste and appearance. Gorgonzola Dolce (also called Sweet Gorgonzola) and Gorgonzola Piccante (also called Gorgonzola Naturale, Gorgonzola Montagna, or Mountain Gorgonzola) are its two varieties. Последние твиты от Gorgonzola Cheese (@GorgonzolaPDO). Consortium for the Protection of the Gorgonzola Cheese. Gorgonzola cheese in a garlicky butter sauce that is easy yet impressive.
Gorgonzola & Mushroom Steak Risotto step by step
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiled, keep warm over low heat..
- Chop onions and mushrooms if needed. In a large, heavy saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms, cook for about 3 minutes until onions are tender but not brown..
- Add the rice and stir to coat with 1 tablespoon butter. Add the wine and simmer until the wine has almost evaporated, about 3 minutes..
- With a ladle, add 1/2 cup warm chicken stock and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes..
- Continue adding 1/2 cup chicken stock at a time and allowing each addition to be absorbed, until the rice is tender to the bite and the mixture is creamy, about 20-25 minutes..
- While mixture is cooking, cook the cut up stew meat in a separate medium pan over medium heat. Cook until medium or tender to your liking..
- Remove the mixture from the heat, stir in parmesan, gorgonzola, chives, salt, pepper and stew meat..
- Transfer the risotto to a serving bowl. Serve immediately..
Tastes just like that yummy sauce that restaurants serve over gilled chicken and steak.