Recipe: Tasty Blue cheese chive butter log
Blue cheese chive butter log. Add the blue cheese, chopped chives, red pepper flakes and ground pepper. Mix until totally combined, scraping the sides as needed. Lay out a long piece of plastic wrap on top of a piece of aluminum foil and scoop the butter mixture in a long strip down the middle of it.
From Cooks Illustrated magazine, made to accompany beef tenderloin cooked in the CI method. I selected this flavored butter because the. Butter Chives Cheese Grilling BBQ Camping Blue Cheese Condiments Sauces Dairy Make Ahead Form it into a log and stick it in the fridge. You can cook Blue cheese chive butter log using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blue cheese chive butter log
- You need 1 lb. of Of salted butter.
- You need 1 cup of chives chopped.
- You need 5 oz. of Blue Cheese.
- Prepare 5 oz. of Gorgonzola.
Shape it into a log by rolling it up in the plastic. Okay, onto the Blue Cheese and Chive Compound Butter. I love compound butters because they're a quick and easy way to elevate simple dishes. They can be made days or even weeks ahead and you can simply cut off a slice or two whenever you're ready to use them.
Blue cheese chive butter log step by step
- Let butter soften to room temperature.
- Mix in the chopped chives and cheeses.
- Mix thoroughly and put in plastic wrap and put back in fridge to harden.
- When harden, you can cut slices for steak topper, to saute chicken or dishes that require butter.
- Added on top of my porterhouse steak.
Add the blue cheese, chopped chives, red pepper flakes and ground pepper. Mix until totally combined, scraping the sides as needed. Carefully pull one side of the plastic wrap and foil over the butter, squeezing it gently to form it into a log. Here we learn how to make a great blue cheese butter for steaks or chops! Blue cheese butter is a type of compound or flavored butter.