How to Prepare Tasty Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños
Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños. Jalapeno peppers are stuffed with a blend of cream cheese and Cheddar cheese in this crowd-pleasing, bacon-wrapped appetizer. Need a great finger food for your next big event? How about an out of this world dish for your next super bowl party?
May want to precook the bacon a bit. These bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are baked instead of fried, and let me say, they're even better than the original! Who can resist fresh jalapenos stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon and baked to crispy perfection? You can cook Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños
- You need of 1 serving/wrapped jalapeño.
- You need 1 large of jalapeño (or whatever size you'd like).
- You need 2 of dates (or figs, if you're feeling fancy).
- It’s 2 oz of goat cheese (can Sub in gorgonzola or cheese w/similar texture).
- It’s 1 slice of Bacon (or equivalent prosciutto if that's what you like!).
Replay "These Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeños Are A Little TOO Easy To Eat". Jalapeño poppers are one of the easiest, most satisfying party apps. Mix cream cheese with Pepper Jack, stuff it in jalapeños, and wrap it all in bacon. Spicy, cheesy, and creamy bacon wrapped cheesy stuffed jalapeños are always the first appetizer to disappear whenever I bring them to a party.
Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Either use nonstick cookie/baking sheet or prep by covering with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slit the jalapeño vertically on the side, but do not slice all the way through. Core and de-seed to your preference..
- Do the same with the dates (I used medjool dates), but it's not a big deal if you accidentally slice all the way through..
- Using 1 teaspoon (or small spoon), dollop out some of the goat cheese (or gorgonzola or similar consistency cheese that you'd like the flavor to come out) into the date(s) and close the date up. Since the cheese will be creamy/sticky, the date should stay closed..
- If you're using a large jalapeño, you can stuff 2 of these stuffed dates (or figs) into it..
- *Keep in mind that depending on the size of your jalapeño, you may only be able to stuff it with one of these stuffed dates (or figs)..
- If you LOVE bacon (or prosciutto, if you choose to use that), then you can use two slices or one thick cut, whatever your preference. I used one slice and wrapped around the jalapeño. Use toothpicks to hold in place, as necessary..
- Load your bacon wrapped jalapeños stuffed with goat cheese stuffed dates (or whatever variety you end up with) onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or check every 5 minutes thereafter until the bacon is crispy/at the consistency you and/or your guests enjoy it. (If you've stored it away in the fridge before baking it (for an event, e.g.), then double the initial baking time.).
- Let cool for 5 minutes, but be aware they're piping hot! 10 minutes might cool them too much, but use your discretion and kick off the game (or whatever you happen to be doing while enjoying these delights)!.
They're perfect for celebrations, Super Bowl, game day, and more. This delicious Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos appetizer is perfect for football watching and sports gatherings. Jalapeños are stuffed with two cheeses and wrapped in bacon for a simple but tasty party snack. Some of the best things in life are the simplest, and this recipe is proof of that. Place the jalapeños on a medium heat grill and cook until the bacon is crisp. you'll need to turn frequently to heat them evenly. you may even want to use foil to prevent the mess.