Recipe: Delicious Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken
Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken. Check Out Sweet Soy Sauce On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! The chicken comes out flavorful with a sweet and tangy glaze.
This is a bit of a unique recipe in my books for a couple of reasons. Firstly, there are very few recipes where I'll say it really does not matter if you brown the meat first before cooking it. This really is a "chuck it all in, set and forget" recipe.. You can cook Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken
- You need Half of a chicken.
- It’s of Juice of 1 small lime.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground coriander (ketumbar).
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 5 of candlenut (kemiri).
- Prepare 5 of garlic.
- Prepare 6 of shallot.
- You need Half of thumb sized ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 of large onion.
- It’s 1/2 of large tomato.
- You need 2 of bay leaf (daun salam).
- Prepare 2 of cayenne pepper (cabai rawit).
- Prepare of Few sprigs of cilantro (daun ketumbar).
- It’s 2 of lemongrass.
- It’s 200 ml of soy sauce (12-15 tbsp).
- Prepare 500 ml of vegetable/frying oil.
- You need 100 ml of water.
Heat soy sauce, vinegar, mirin, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper, and sesame oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking until sugar is dissolved. What is in soy sauce chicken marinade. Most chicken marinades call for oil, some sort of acid like vinegar or lemon juice, and some herbs/garlic/salt to flavor. But soy sauce is so flavorful that it can handle the job all by itself.
Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken step by step
- Marinade half a chicken with lime juice, 1 tsp of ground coriander, and 1 tsp of ground pepper for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your seasoning paste by blending candlenuts, garlic cloves, shallots, and ginger together with a help of 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Cut the onion, tomato, chilli, and cilantro. Crush the lemon grass and tie them into knots.
- Heat the frying oil in a pan and cook the chicken on medium heat until the outer part of each cut is cooked. Don’t let the chicken dry out while frying because we’re going to cook it again with the sauce later.
- Reduce the remaining oil by half and use to cook the seasoning paste on medium heat. Keep stirring while cooking until the paste turns golden. Add the onion and cook again for another minute. Add the bay leaves and the lemon grass.
- Pour the soy sauce onto the pan by circling it onto the outmost part of the pan. Add the ground coriander, salt, and pepper and stir the sauce.
- Now it’s time to cook the chicken again. Coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Close the lid, reduce the heat, and cook the chicken for 30 minutes on low heat, ocassionally flip the chicken..
- Add the water, chilli, and tomato. Don’t forget to taste, you might need to add more salt. Sprinkle the cilantro and cook again for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is perfectly browned.
- Enjoy the chicken!.
What to serve with soy sauce chicken Ayam goreng mentega (fried chicken in buttery sweet soy sauce), served on a serving plate. Mix the chicken, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce together in the slow-cooker. Saute on med.-high heat instead of medium. Simmer the sauce while I am preparing the chicken, then add to the chicken as called for. I should add my husband loved this recipe.