Recipe: Perfect Wheat flour puttu with potato stew
Wheat flour puttu with potato stew. Wheat flour Puttu Recipe-Sweet Puttu Recipe-Gothumai Puttu Recipe – Puttu Recipe in Tamil Tasty and healthy wheat puttu recipe made with wheat and coconut. Wheat puttu / gothambu puttu. (Steamed Atta Puttu (Kerala's Healthy Breakfast/dinner Recipe). Preparing Puttu – Puttu Cooked Using Whole Wheat Puttu Flour The whole wheat is first washed ,dried ,roasted and then ground to a fine powder to give.
Wheat puttu was really amazing than any other puttu because of it nice aroma and taste. My daughter is not big fan of puttu but she liked wheat flour The texture of puttu is very important to bring tasty and nice appealing puttu. while making puttu with wheat flour, you have to be extra careful while. One of my collegue used to bring wheat flour puttu, tapioca puttu to office. You can cook Wheat flour puttu with potato stew using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wheat flour puttu with potato stew
- It’s of Atta puttu.
- You need 2 cups of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Water.
- You need of Stew.
- It’s 3 of med potatoes.
- It’s 2 of medium onions sliced.
- It’s 4 of green chillies slit.
- Prepare 1 of "ginger finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of clove.
- Prepare 2 of tb.
- It’s 2 tsp of coarsely ground pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
- You need of Salt.
- You need 1 Sprig of curry leaf.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
Then finally the day arrived and yesterday I went to my mom's place and we made the wheat flour puttu. Everyone loved it a lot and this one tasted more good than the regular one. Serve Whole Wheat Flour Puttu with Kerala Kadala Curry Recipe (Spicy Chickpeas in Coconut Curry) or bananas and a dollop of ghee for a yummy breakfast. To begin making Whole Wheat Flour Puttu Recipe, dry roast atta on low flame until the flour releases a pleasant aroma.
Wheat flour puttu with potato stew instructions
- Take a wide vessel add wheat flour,add some salt and mix.Now add water little by little and mix with your fingertips.Break any lumps if formed using your fingertips.The mixture should not be dry but moist and wet like breadcrumbs..
- Now take the base vessel (puttu kudam) of the puttu maker pour water till half and swicth on the stove and place it and wait till water boils.In the meantime take the cylindrical part of the puttu maker and place the perforated disc now sprinkle some grated coconut and add wheat flour then repeat the same process of coconut and wheat flour twice and top with some coconut and close with its lid which has two perforated holes on top..
- Once the water is boiled place the cylindrical vessel on top of it and steam it till you see the steam coming out from top.Once done take the cylindrical vessel open the lid and using a wooden skewer push slowly from the perforated disc to remove.Puttu is ready to be served.
- Peel and wash the potatoes and cut into big chunks,into the pressure cooker add 1/2 of the sliced onions, greenchillies,salt,ginger and 1.5 cup of water pressure cook till two whistles.Wait till the pressure releases..
- Heat oil in a kadai tip in cloves and saute till aromatic now add remaining onions and saute till onions get browned here and there.Now add in the cooked potatoes along with its water and Mash a bit.Pour coconut milk bring it to a boil and tip in pepper powder and check for salt.if needed add and put it on low flame so that the gravy becomes thick and the potatoes absorbs the flavors and the gravy looks creamy..
- Lastly tip some curry leaves and swicth of the flame..
- Serve hot with puttu.
Serve puttu hot or warm with kadala curry or veg stew or potato stew. It will also go well with. Wheat flour is mixed with water and salt and steamed with freshly grated coconut. When my family is on a health spree wheat puttu always finds its place at breakfast and sometimes at dinner. The best thing is that it can be paired with almost anything, from chicken curry to kadala curry or even simple.