Recipe: Delicious Ayam Bakar Kecap (Grilled Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce)
Ayam Bakar Kecap (Grilled Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce). Today I'am eating Sweet Soy Grilled Chicken with Sambal Terasi (chili sauce). I hope you enjoy while watching my video. Ayam kecap or ayam masak kicap is an Indonesian chicken dish poached or simmered in sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) commonly found in Indonesia and Malaysia.
Traditionally the chicken grilled over charcoal and brushed with spiced kecap manis during. I have a weakness for Indonesian grilled chicken (or Ayam Bakar as you will often find on Indonesian menus) – the char and smokiness from the caramelized chicken skin, the sweet aromatic spices, the distinctive taste of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce). Here is another ayam bakar (grilled chicken) recipe, this time from the city of Solo. to death! You can cook Ayam Bakar Kecap (Grilled Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ayam Bakar Kecap (Grilled Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce)
- You need 1 of chicken (cut to 10).
- You need 1 tsp of lime juice.
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- It’s 4 of kaffir lime leaves (tear the leaf).
- It’s 8 Tbsp of Kecap manis (Sweet Soy Sauce).
- Prepare 200 ml of water.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of white pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- You need of Blended Spices.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 10 of shallot.
- Prepare 8 of candlenut.
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of palm sugar.
If you are not a fan, just reduce the amount of kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce) used in the recipe (and maybe even skip the palm sugar while you are at it), but perhaps follow the recipe as is and give. Ayam Bakar is a dish of charcoal-grilled chicken marinated in kecap manis, coconut oil, shallot, garlic, chilli pepper, coriander, tamarind juice, candlenut, turmeric and Ayam Bakar differs from place to place, the Balinese tends to be sweeter while the Lombok and Sumatran style tends to be spicier. Cumi Bakar Kecap – Indonesian Grilled Squids with Kecap Manis – recipe by me. Add salam leaves, lime leaves, coconut milk, salt and pepper to taste.
Ayam Bakar Kecap (Grilled Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce) step by step
- Clean the chicken and marinate it with lime juice for 30 minutes.
- Roast garlic, shallot, and candlenut in a pan until brown color appear on the surface. Roast for about 5 minutes with low fire. Toast blended spices ingredients into blender, give small amount of water..
- Heat the wok with medium fire. Pour the blended spices, then add water, sweet soy sauce, salt, white pepper, bay leaf, and kaffir lime leaf. Stir and cook it for 2 minutes. Put the chicken in. Braised it until thick sauce formed (about 30 minutes)..
- Put the thick sauce in a bowl. Prepare grill pan, give small amount of butter and grill the chicken. Spread the sauce on the chicken while grilling. Grill until the sauce caramelized..
- Ayam Bakar Kecap is ready to serve with rice and sambal✨.
- It's best to eat with this vegetables: lettuce/cabbage/cucumber.
After the coconut milk shrinks take the chicken out. Finally, smear the chicken with sweet ketchup then grill it until even. I have a weakness for Indonesian grilled chicken (or Ayam Bakar as you will often find on Indonesian menus) – the char and smokiness from the caramelized chicken skin, the sweet aromatic spices, the distinctive taste of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) combined with the heat from the savoury sambal. Prepare ayam bakar: Marinade the chicken with lime juice while you are preparing other things. Place all ingredients to grind in a food processor and Brush the chicken with the sauce and then grill until you are happy with the color.