How to Make Tasty Shoyu Chicken
Shoyu Chicken. Shoyu Chicken is Hawaii's answer to teriyaki chicken. Chicken thigh meat is marinated in a sweet, spicy soy sauce marinade, then grilled and served with rice. Shoyu Chicken is a classic Hawaii dish that is everyone's local favorite!
Chicken thighs are cooked with lots of fresh ginger Today we are discussing this gorgeous Hawaiian Shoyu Chicken with Hawaiian Mac Salad! Shoyu Chicken is a favorite local staple dish in Hawaii. You will find it on every menu in a local Overall, shoyu chicken is a dish that is always made with bone-in chicken thighs; the overall taste is. You can cook Shoyu Chicken using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shoyu Chicken
- Prepare 500 grams of Chicken thigh.
- Prepare 1 cup of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 small of brown onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh ginger, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
Shoyu chicken is the the traditional Hawaiian recipe for teriyaki chicken. Shoyu chicken is cooked in a pot, not on a grill or in the oven, and results in ginger-fragrent, fork-tender chicken with a deep. Shoyu is originally from Hilo, Hawai'i. He was given to Derrick Iwata as omiyage gift and now travels to bon dances and sites.
Shoyu Chicken instructions
- Mix ingredients and marinate chicken for at least an hour. The longer the better. Pan fry or grill on the BBQ until cooked through and serve. A Hawaiian dish that originated from Japan I believe. Very tasty- like a hibachi chicken. Enjoy!.
A culinary staple in Hawaii this chicken recipe was brought to the island by Japanese immigrants. Shoyu chicken is all about the balance of salty and sweet. Remove chicken to a serving platter. Remove garlic and ginger and discard. Bring sauce to a boil, skim off excess fat, and cook until reduced slightly.