How to Prepare Delicious Tharyd: Meat and Potato Stew
Tharyd: Meat and Potato Stew. Stay away from meat generically packaged as "stew meat," especially if it looks lean (I can guarantee you it will not get tender, no matter how long Can I substitute that for the red wine? I just made your Beef Stew with Carrots & Potatoes and thank you for the recipe. Potatoes, onions and carrots weren't a problem either.
You want them bigger, but you want to be able to eat. If you love meat and potatoes, shake things up in your kitchen and try it. This is absolutely delicious and I can assure you that your family would enjoy it. You can have Tharyd: Meat and Potato Stew using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tharyd: Meat and Potato Stew
- Prepare 1 kg of leg of lamb, cut in cubes.
- It’s 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes, peeled and diced.
- It’s 1 kg of potatoes, peeled and cut into 4 pieces.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s of baharat mix.
- Prepare of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of pita bread, deep-fried cut into pieces.
- Prepare of parsley for garnish.
- Prepare of pickles for serving.
Serve Japanese Meat and Potato Stew (Nikujaga) with: For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes. This is a hearty Indian-style stew without meat but chock full of protein. Unfortunately all my local grocers only sell "lentils" which I assume are brown lentils so I had to substitute those for the red. Thinly sliced meat & potatoes are cooked in dashi-based stock and the sauce is not thick.
Tharyd: Meat and Potato Stew instructions
- In a deep pot, fry onions in the vegetable oil on medium heat, until they are golden..
- Raise heat, add meat and stir..
- When meat browns, add the baharat mix, garlic and salt..
- Add potatoes, tomatoes and tomato paste. Cover, and simmer on medium-low heat for 2 hours..
- To serve, place the fried bread in a serving dish and top with meat and potato stew, then sprinkle with the chopped parsley..
I call it stew but Japanese Meat and Potato Stew is nowhere near the Western style stew. The cooking liquid is based on the usual Japanese flavours of slightly sweetened soy sauce with dashi stock, but is not. Beef stew with potatoes is a comforting, delicious dinner. I love beef stew as it has my favorite meat inside. Easy to make for the whole family.