Recipe: Yummy Beetroot Appam & Potato Stew
Beetroot Appam & Potato Stew.
You can have Beetroot Appam & Potato Stew using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beetroot Appam & Potato Stew
- Prepare of Ingredients of APPAMS:.
- You need 2 cups of rice soaked for 6-7 hours.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked rice / white poha.
- You need 3/4 cup of coconut grated.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar and Salt to taste.
- You need as needed of few drops of Beetroot juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of yeast.
- It’s of Ingredients of potato STEW:.
- It’s 3 of medium, (peeled and cubed) potatoes.
- It’s 1 of medium, (thinly sliced) onion.
- Prepare 4-5 of (slit open lengthwise) green chillies.
- You need 1&1/2″ piece of (finely chopped) ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 &1/2 cup of Thin coconut milk – 2 nd extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Thick coconut milk -1st extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare of For Tadka:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of onions sliced.
- Prepare 2 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
Beetroot Appam & Potato Stew step by step
- Appam Procedure: Grind all the above listed ingredients with some warm water to form a smooth thin paste. To make it more healthy and look attractive, i have added 1 beetroot juice and mix well..
- Cover the batter in an airtight container and keep it to ferment for around 10 -12 hours in a warm place..
- I have used warm water to fasten the fermentation time. When the batter ferments, the mixture will rise up forming air wholes. Give it a good stir and this is how the finally fermented batter looks like. Look at the batter consistency. Check for salt at the time of preparing Appams..
- Making of Appams : Appams are made in Appa Chatti or Appam kadai to get the shape..
- The Chatti should be on medium-high flame and hot. There is no need to heavily grease the non-stick chatti. At the most just put few drops of oil on tissue paper and wipe over the pan..
- The pan should be piping hot before pouring the batter. Pour 1 deep ladle of batter. Lift the Chatti over the flame and gently Move the batter in round shape..
- When you see bubbles coming up, close it with lid and wait for approximate 1 minute..
- No need to open the lid frequently, allow it cook on medium heat. In between just open the lid once to remove the steam water from the lid and close back, allowing it to cook for another few more seconds..
- No need to flip the Appams. Each Appam takes 1 to 2 minutes to cook. When the Appam is ready the edges resemble crisp lace and center soft..
- Potato Stew Procedure: In a pressure cooker heat 2 tsp of oil, add the thinly sliced onions. slit green chillies and chopped ginger and sauté until the onions gets transparent..
- Now add the cubed potatoes with 1/2 cup of water and salt. Pressure cook for 1 whistles, once the potatoes are cooked, mash some of the potatoes to get a thick gravy..
- Add thin coconut milk and let it cook on low heat for 10 mins. Now add the thick coconut milk and bring to boil and reduce the heat to low and cook uncovered till it reaches thick and creamy..
- For the Tadka: heat 1 tbsp oil, splutter mustard seeds, jeera seeds, Add 1 tbsp onions, curry leaves, and remove from the heat..
- Pour it over the curry and let it rest for 5 minutes, this allows the aroma and the flavor to seep in. Potato stew is ready.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)