Recipe: Delicious Pork loin and potato 'stew'
Pork loin and potato 'stew'. Easy (boneless) pork tenderloin or pork loin meat stew/stewed recipes with healthy vegetables like carrots, potato/potatoes and green beans. Simple seasoning/flavoring added to season both the meat and the veggies: simply soy sauce and white vinegar, optional also salt and ground black pepper. This roast pork loin and potatoes is a snap to prepare.
A pork loin comes from the back of the pig and the pork tenderloin is a cut from the muscle along the backbone, which is the rear of the pork loin. Pork and Potato stew is a good dish that I recommend. It is easy to make and can be eaten with different side dishes such as whit rice, wild rice, or even unsalted crackers. You can have Pork loin and potato 'stew' using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork loin and potato 'stew'
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need Knob of butter.
- It’s 800 g of pork.
- You need 400 g of potatoes.
- You need Can of beer.
- Prepare of Onions.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- It’s of Celery.
- You need of Flour.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a good dish that I recommend. Place pork in large roasting pan. Spoon fat off top of juices and discard.
Pork loin and potato 'stew' instructions
- Chop pork into cubes and lightly flour.
- Chop onions, carrots and celery into small pieces and gently fry in olive oil and a knob of butter. Shake excess flour off meat and add to pan. Fry for a few minutes then add beer and let alcohol evaporate.
- Cover and simmer on lowest heat for an hour and a quarter. Meanwhile chop potatoes into cubes and add them to the pan. Cover and simmer for another 45 mins. The sauce should become creamy, add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread :).
Add the wine and bring to a boil, scraping the bottom of the pan to dislodge any brown bits. Add the sweet potatoes, tomatoes, stock, thyme, bay leaf, and salt. This tender cut of pork meat comes from the area between the back and shoulder. Pork loins are available both boneless and bone-in. Serve the pork loin warm with Cracklings, Hassel Back Potatoes, and Apple Chutney.