Recipe: Yummy Peas and potato stew served with chapati
Peas and potato stew served with chapati. Chapati (also spelled chapathi) is an Indian flat bread that is a staple in North India and Pakistan, although today it has also made its way to South India. This creamy vegetable korma is loaded with potatoes, carrots, jalapeño, cashews, green peas, and bell peppers and tossed in a creamy sauce. Once the potatoes are almost done, add the peas and the green bell pepper.
This potato stew would be fantastic with rice, chapati or your preferred starch. Roti served with some spiced potato onion, and Mixed vegetable bhaji. Serve hot topped with chopped cilantro leaves! You can have Peas and potato stew served with chapati using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peas and potato stew served with chapati
- You need 2 glasses of peas.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of capsicum.
- It’s 2 of big carrots.
- It’s 8 of big potatoes.
- It’s 20 ml of cooking oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Serve as part of meal with any lentil curry(Daal), or other soups/stews, Indian bread(Roti) and salad or any indian pickle.(my current favorite is the punjabi raw mango pickle). Vegetable-stuffed chapati: Mashed carrot, potato, peas, and fenugreek are slightly sautéed into a masala gravy. These chapatis are usually served Preparing chapati with a rolling pin. Gujarati Chapati, also known as Phulka which is thinner.
Peas and potato stew served with chapati instructions
- Boil the peas for 15 minutes with salt.peel the potatoes and leave it round..
- Blend with water the onion,tomatoes capsicum and garlic till fine..
- Put cooking oil in a pan, add carrots diced into small circles.let it cook for 1 minute..
- Add potatoes and stir then pour the blended mixture to it and cover to cook for 5 minutes..
- Uncover and add boiled peas cover to steam for 2 minutes..
- Serve while hot with hot chapati.Enjoy..
Chapati with Beans, Peas curry, Vegetable salad. You can either make these chapatis without layers – plain chapati or with layers – Flaky Chapati. Though the later need some practice to master it once you master the skill, it becomes less work. The plain Chapatis are easier to prepare at home than the layered, but the flaky and layered chapatis are. Potato Kurma is a fantastic side dish for chapati, poori or any Indian flat bread.