Recipe: Appetizing Roasted fennel, new potato and tomato stew
Roasted fennel, new potato and tomato stew. He's ditched the meat, and now he's mad about veg. But what will Hugh FW cook up when he receives a mystery package from our Welsh gardening wonder Terry. Laced with spicy-hot harissa paste and a sprinkling of salty preserve lemon, this rich vegetable stew has a tempting Moroccan feel to it.
Line the pan with a sheet of parchment paper that Hi Teresa, The addition of fennel to the roasted potatoes makes a pleasant change and has become a new favorite just perfect for any family. Add tomatoes, olives and potatoes and stir well. Tip into a warm dish to serve. You can have Roasted fennel, new potato and tomato stew using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted fennel, new potato and tomato stew
- Prepare 2-3 of good sized fennel bulbs.
- It’s 600 g of rough cubed new potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of medium white (or yellow) onions.
- You need 300 g of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 3-6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary or thyme.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare 700 ml of tomato passata.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of harissa (I use 2… In the sauce, and more later).
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed).
- It’s 75 g of black olives.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper (sea salt or Himalayan).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of preserved lemon (chopped).
Roasted Fennel & Potato Soup features wonderful roasted fennel and potatoes pureed into a delicious creamy soup! I have made this vegan roasted Fennel and potatoes can be found year round, so you can enjoy this soup anytime. It would be especially delicious for the autumn and winter. Remove the potatoes, but save the water.
Roasted fennel, new potato and tomato stew instructions
- Get ready to cook. Get started with some Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble. 🎶🎸.
- Set up all ingredients so you're ready to rock and roll..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Cut up your fennel bulb and save the fronds for later..
- Chop your potatoes and onions in to cube like forms. They don't have to be perfect. Just a nice rough chop about 2cm wide..
- Chop the rest of your veg how you like it, just not a fine chop..
- Put your veg together in your roasting pan and mix in some olive oil, salt and pepper. You'll want the veg to be nicely coated. Don't over oil. Add your rosemary sprigs at this point..
- Roast for about 35 minutes or so. You want Check half way and mix the veg lightly. Don't break the tomatoes..
- While roasting your veg. Get your lemon, passata and olives ready. Make sure you get a nice small dice for your lemon. You can mix in your harissa to the passata at this point as well..
- After 35 or 45 minutes of roasting pour in your passata mixture. Scrape up any caramelised veg. Mix your veg. Put everything back in th oven for another 30 minutes or so. You want the mixture to be bubbling..
- Take out of the oven. Add your fresh fennel fronds and preserved lemon to the top and serve. Enjoy!.
While the potatoes are cooking, warm the olive oil in a wide pan. When hot, add the leek, onion, garlic, herbs, a Let it reduce by approximately half, then add the tomatoes and their juice, the potatoes, fennel, half the parsley and the olives. Remove roasting pan from oven, and place fennel and potatoes, cut side down, in hot pan. Remove orange peel and bay leaves. Spoon stew into individual serving bowls and garnish with remaining tablespoon parsley.