Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty 3 cups chicken (三杯雞)
3 cups chicken (三杯雞). If you love Three Cup Chicken, you have to try this recipe! It's just as good (if not better than the restaurants) yet easy to make at home using organic. Sanbeiji is a popular chicken dish in Chinese cuisine and one of the most iconic dishes of Jiangxi cuisine.
The name three cup chicken (三杯鸡) comes from the three key ingredients in the recipe: Sesame oil. A true and authentic Taiwanese three cup chicken calls for basil leaves, the soul of the dish that lends an exotic aroma and minty nuance to the taste. Traditionally, three cup chicken is made with an entire chicken, carved-up, bone-in, and skin-on. You can have 3 cups chicken (三杯雞) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 3 cups chicken (三杯雞)
- It’s 300 grams of chicken.
- Prepare 15 grams of ginger.
- Prepare 15 grams of scallion.
- It’s 20 gram of basil.
- It’s 1 of chilli.
- Prepare 3 pieces of garlic.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of cooking wine.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 100 ml of Water.
It's braised in a sweet and savory broth until it gets a nice, sticky glaze. Then, fresh basil is added for the finishing touch. I've found a way to preserve this authentic flavor while using a simpler cut of chicken. Originally, "three cup" refers to the equal usage of three main condiments: sesame oil, soy sauce and rice wine.
3 cups chicken (三杯雞) step by step
- Chop the chili, ginger, garlic and scallion as the picture below. Remove the seed of the chili if you prefer to cut down the spiciness..
- Put the sesame oil and ginger into the pan before turn on the fire..
- Add garlic when you can smell the ginger.
- Add chicken and leave the side with skin facing down. Do not move it until it turns golden brown.Add chili and scallion once the chicken is golden brown on both sides..
- Add sugar in the middle of the pan. Let it melted and caramelized. Stir fly evenly so the chicken is coated with sugar..
- Add soy sauce. cooking wine and water. Let it boil for 10 mins until the sauce is concentrated.
- Turn off the fire before putting basil in. Stir fry a bit before serving. Voilà ❤️.
For my Three Cup Chicken, I like adding a little extra rice wine for the flavor and sweetness it imparts. The additional liquid allows you to cook the chicken for a bit longer, making it more tender, without burning it. I also like to add a bit of brown sugar, which balances out the salty soy sauce and gives the. Three Cup Chicken–regardless of whether or not you've heard of it, you'll definitely like it. It's hard not to–it's just that tasty.