Recipe: Perfect Pork and Sweet Potatoes Stew
Pork and Sweet Potatoes Stew.
You can have Pork and Sweet Potatoes Stew using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork and Sweet Potatoes Stew
- It’s 1 kg of stewing pork.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of bbq spice.
- You need 100 ml of cooking oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 of celery stick.
- You need 1 of large carrot.
- Prepare 0.5 of leek.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 of medium sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of parsley.
Pork and Sweet Potatoes Stew step by step
- Make sure all the meat is cut into large cubes. Mix the meat with the flour and bbq spice..
- In a large pot, on high heat, brown the meat using the oil. You might have to do this in two batches. Remove from pot and set aside..
- Chop the onion, celery and carrot. Add the butter into the pot followed by the onion, celery and carrot. Brown them for about 4 minutes..
- Chop the tomato and leek. Then add to the onion mixture. Brown for a further 4 minutes..
- Add the chicken stock, salt, pepper and the meat. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 45 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into large chunks. Add in the stew and cook for 15 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally..
- Cut the green pepper into half slices and chop the parsley. Add to the stew and cook for a further 10 minutes..
- Serve with rice..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)