Recipe: Appetizing Beef Stew
Beef Stew. Beef, carrots, potatoes, and celery are seasoned with rosemary and parsley in this simple stovetop beef stew recipe. Beef Stew calls for simple ingredients, but it's a stunner! With meltingly tender beef, you'll love the deep flavour of the sauce in this beef stew recipe.
In The Kitchen With Gina Young. Warm up with one of our comforting beef stew recipes. Want beef stew with tender and juicy pieces of meat? You can have Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Stew
- Prepare of (2.5 Lbs) Chuck Roast.
- Prepare of (2) Cups of beef broth.
- Prepare of (6) Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s of (3) Tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare of (3/4) Cup of Flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of (2) Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- You need of (1) Onion, diced.
- It’s of (1) Large can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of (5) Potatoes, diced. Skin on.
- Prepare of (5) Carrots, skinned and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare of (4) Cups of water. (Approximately).
Don't buy pre-cut "stewing beef." Here's what you need to know, along with results from our tests of the most common choices for beef stew. A stew is a combination of solid food ingredients that have been cooked in liquid and served in the resultant gravy. Ingredients in a stew can include any combination of vegetables. To make beef stew, start by cutting some beef into bite-sized cubes.
Beef Stew instructions
- Dice Chuck Roast into 1inch pieces..
- Put flour, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Add diced Chuck Roast. Mix/coat well..
- In a cast iron pan, heat Olive Oil, butter. Fry the flour coated Chuck Roast until dark brown, in batches as not to over fill pan. Add in Balsamic Vinegar to first batch..
- In a large pot, add the beef broth and diced tomatoes..
- Dice potatoes, carrots and Onion..
- Add all of the fried Chuck to pot. Add the remaining juices from cast iron pan to pot. Add the water..
- Add all the vegetables to pot. At this point make sure there is enough water in pot to cover everything well..
- Cover and simmer on very Low for 4-5 hour's. Checking every few hours on the liquid. Add some water when or if you need to..
- Enjoy with some cornbread or bread and butter..
Beef stew is a cold weather essential. Read on to get all the hot deets on this ultra-comforting stew. This Beef Stew is easy to make and full of comforting flavors. I make it year-round for the entire The most important thing for beef stew is to buy the right cut, and it's surprising that cuts that start out. Food Network Kitchen's Beef Stew is a comforting slow-cooked dish filled with meat and veggies.