Recipe: Perfect Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes
Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes.
You can cook Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Prepare of Stew Beef & Gravy.
- You need 1 1/4 lb of Stew Beef.
- You need 1/4 of Diced White Onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of Bacon Grease.
- You need 3 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 32 oz of Beef Stock.
- You need of Herb Roasted Potatoes.
- Prepare 5 of White Potatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of Canola Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes instructions
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, add stew beef, onion, salt, onion powder, thyme, and pepper. Saute for roughly 5 minutes stirring often until all sides have browned..
- Add bacon fat and flour to beef and stir together until a paste (roux) has formed. Cook for 2 minutes, then add beef stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 hours stirring occasionally..
- After an hour of the beef and gravy cooking, preheat oven to 375°F..
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and chop each half into four equal half-moon slices..
- Transfer chopped potatoes into medium bowl with canola oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, and thyme. Toss to coat..
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in 375°F oven for roughly 60-75 minutes..
- Serve in a bowl with potatoes topped with beef and gravy..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)