How to Cook Perfect Spicy Bourbon Chicken
Spicy Bourbon Chicken. Easy Bourbon Chicken that's crispy, sweet, sticky and tastes just like the kind you grew up eating To make this more spicy double the crushed red pepper or swap the red pepper for Sriracha sauce. Spicy Bourbon Chicken is one of my favorite Chinese quick meals to make on a weeknight. The flavors are so much better than takeout and you can make this recipe with chicken breast.
I serve it over basmati or. How to Make Bourbon Chicken – Bourbon Chicken Recipe Thanks for watching Soul food Cooking!! To see my Amazon store please click on the link below. You can have Spicy Bourbon Chicken using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Bourbon Chicken
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 2 of # boneless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 C of soy sauce-low sod.
- It’s 1/4 C of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper, chunks.
- You need 2 1/2 of carrots, sliced.
- You need 1 of onion, small, sliced.
- It’s 1/4 head of cabbage, sliced.
- It’s 1/4 C of Bourbon.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 C of apple juice.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 4-6 of Tien Tsin chili peppers, seeded and cut.
Bourbon Chicken recipe: A flavorful chicken dish named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans It's wonderfully sweet & spicy without being too hot. For kids that don't like hotstuffs, cut down on the. Bourbon chicken is a kind of Cajun and Asian hybrid dish that's evolved over the years in Chinese In fact, bourbon chicken is neither particularly Cajun nor Asian. It seems like a distinctly American.
Spicy Bourbon Chicken instructions
- In a medium bowl combine: soy sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, rice vinegar, apple juice and ketchup. Mix well and set aside..
- Break the chilies open and discard the seeds inside, then cut them into a few large pieces to cook..
- In 2 large skillets, add some sesame oil and canola oil and heat them over medium heat. Add the chilies to 1 skillet and saute for 30-40 seconds. Add the chicken and saute until fully cooked and browned on both sides. In the other skillet, add the red pepper, carrots, and onion and saute until tender. In a medium pot, boil enough water to cook the cabbage until tender but not to soft, about 7 minutes. Drain..
- To the skillet with chicken; when browned, pull out chicken and cut into small chunks and put back in pan. Now add a little more oil if needed and add the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and chili powder with the chicken and mix together. Saute for 1 minute. Now add the vegetables to the chicken and pour in the sauce over everything, mix and saute 4 minutes more. Serve..
This easy chicken recipe is both sweet and spicy and inspired by the North American Festival Mardi Gras and Bourbon Street! I have never encountered anyone that did not love this chicken recipe. I was excited to find a Bourbon Chicken recipe with simple ingredients, as well as good reviews overall. On my second trial of this dish, I did, however, make some changes I believe for the better. This delicious and easy Bourbon Chicken recipe combines golden browned bites of chicken breast and sweet sticky bourbon sauce with a hint of spice.