Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Marmite Chicken
Marmite Chicken. How to cook Marmite chicken Chinese style. This Malaysian Marmite chicken recipe 妈蜜鸡 is popular among the Chinese restaurant and the roadside stir-fry joints (大炒档) in Malaysia. Whether you are a hater of a cult follower of Marmite, you should at least try the Marmite chicken once!
Deep fry chicken pieces until Note: Marmite is a brand of yeast extract. Do not add more than required as it has a strong flavour. Check out Luiz Hara's crunchy Marmite chicken with a quick cucumber pickle. You can have Marmite Chicken using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marmite Chicken
- You need of Chicken thigh / wings.
- You need of Marinate ingredients A.
- You need of Corn starch / Potato starch.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 of beaten egg.
- You need of Sauce ingredients B.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Marmite.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Maltose (in hot water).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
Marmite (/ˈmɑːrmaɪt/ MAR-myte) is a food spread made from yeast extract invented by German scientist Justus von Liebig and originally made in the United Kingdom. Although I've tried Marmite dishes before at the zhi char stall but prior to this, I seriously wasn't quite sure of what's Marmite at all. Marmite Chicken is an unusual Chinese recipe you simply must try. You won't be able to resist chicken glazed with a rich and intense marmite sauce.
Marmite Chicken instructions
- Marinate chicken with ingredients A for 1 hour..
- Deep fry marinated chicken in medium hot oil until golden brown and crispy skin..
- Stir fry garlic till aroma and add sauce ingredients B, and add 1/2 cup water. Stir sauce until boil and thicken, then add back fried chicken..
- Turn off heat and stir for a few seconds to let sauce coat the chicken. Garnish with sesame seeds if you have and decorate with coriander and serve..
Marinating chicken in a mixture of Marmite, honey, vinegar, and olive oil makes for a delicious roast dinner, especially atop lemony crispy Glazed Marmite & Honey Chicken With Lemony Potatoes. Love it or Hate it, definitely recycle it. To connect with Marmite, log in or create an account. Crispy fried chicken coated with marmite sauce is a popular choice at Chinese eateries (煮炒餐馆) in Malaysia and Singapore. The sweet and savoury gravy is delicious and appetizing.