Easiest Way to Make Tasty Rasam
Rasam. Rasam recipe – Simple, easy & quick recipe to make delicious rasam at home. Also known as saaru in Kannada and chaaru in Telugu, rasam is a most basic and essential dish in a South Indian meal. Rasam normally forms the second course in a traditional south Indian menu.
Rasam (pronunciation ), charu pani(Odia), chaaru, saaru or kabir is a South Indian dish (eaten with other dishes or by itself), is a spicy-sweet-sour stock traditionally prepared using kokum, tamarind or dried green mango juice as a base along with jaggery, chili pepper, garlic, black pepper, cumin. is tamarind rasam recipe or puli rasam recipe known for its sour and spicy taste. saaru recipe is the moong dal rasam recipe made with fresh herbs and without any spices. Garlic Rasam Recipe – Poondu Rasam – How to make rasam Easy Rasam Recipes – Sharmis Passions. You can have Rasam using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rasam
- You need 1 cup of Split Pigeon pea/Toor dal/Arahar dal.
- You need 1 liter of Chicken stock or vegetable stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tamarind paste or a lemon size ball of tamarind.
- Prepare 3 of Ripe Tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of Green Chillies.
- You need 5 of Whole Shallots.
- Prepare 1 piece of of ginger.
- Prepare 5 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 cup of Boiled and Shredded Chicken Breast (Vegetarians substitute vegetables of your choice).
- It’s 1 of Spanish red Onion Diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter or Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of Steamed Rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of basil and coriander leaves combined.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
Jeera rasam recipe is a south Indian rasam recipe that you can serve with rice or as soup. You can replace my rasam powder with store bought rasam powder too. This can be made with few variations too, which I always do. Hot rasam, hot rice plus ghee – heavenly combination.
Rasam step by step
- Wash the lentils well and soak it in water for 2-3 hrs..
- In a pressure cooker, add the soaked lentils, 2 cups of water, shallots, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, green chillies, asafoetida, tumeric and salt. Pressure cook until 3 whistles. Cool and transfer the contents to a blender and pureé the contents..
- Dry roast the spices except asafoetida in a pan. Cool and powder it in a coffee or spice grinder..
- Dissolve the tamrind paste in half cup of warm water. Keep it aside.
- In a pot, add butter or olive oil. Heat it and add the chopped onions, sauté it well till it becomes brown and caramelised. Add the chicken breasts (or vegetables) and saute for another 2 mins. Add the lentil puree and chicken stock and bring it to boil for 30 minutes.
- Add the tamarind water and simmer for another 10 minutes..
- Add 2 tablespoon full of the roasted spice powder and simmer it for another 10 minutes. Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the steamed rice to the broth and switch off the heat. Stir well..
- In a pan, add a tablespoon full of clarified butter. Heat it to smoking point and add a teaspoon of cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add this to the broth.
- Add coriander and basil leaves..
- Ladle hot soup into bowls. Serve hot.
Rasam recipe with step by step photos – just plain rasam happens to be a family favorite. Rasam can be made in two ways – with rasam powder and without rasam powder. Rasam is a south Indian soup which is eaten with rice. It is a delicious soup and is very light and good for fevers, coughs and cold. Rasam is a traditional South Indian food that is prepared on a daily basis in most households of that Tomato rasam is made by cooking the tomatoes with a whole load of Indian spices and is made into.