Recipe: Yummy Smoked Jerk chicken
Smoked Jerk chicken. Let's grill up some chicken, Jamaican style! Step by step video instructions so you can make it too! If you've ever had wonderful Jerk chicken.
Quick-Smoked Jerk Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet. Coated in spices and slow smoked, chicken jerk is full of flavour with a hint of thyme, nutmeg and cinnamon. You can choose to have it hot or mild, depending on your personal taste. You can cook Smoked Jerk chicken using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked Jerk chicken
- You need 6 of large garlic cloves.
- It’s of Med white onion coarsely chopped.
- It’s 4 of scotch bonnets (2 with seeds).
- It’s Bunch of cilantro.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lime juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of badia jerk seasoning.
- Prepare 5-6 of green onions.
- Prepare 5 pound of whole chicken.
For the smoked jerk chicken wings: Brush the chicken with canola oil. Jamaicans like their jerk chicken very well done—even leathery— recalling another smoked food native to the Americas: jerky. Some scholars believe the terms are etymological cousins. Smoked jerk chicken pairs perfectly with grilled corn on the cob.
Smoked Jerk chicken step by step
- Process all and taste for seasoning and heat.
- Spatchcock the chicken and split into 2 halves.
- Loosen the skin and with a pairing knife poke holes or small slits through out the meat.
- Cover the chicken with the marinade and rub under all the skin and massage it into the meat and let it marinate overnight.
- Pull the chicken out and let sit at room temperature for about an hour. Remove the chicken from the marinade and wipe the marinade off the chicken, season the outside lightly with jerk seasoning (I lightly dust with cayenne as well because I like it hot).
- Smoke at 275 for about 2 hours and then turn the heat up to 400 to crisp the skin. I serve it with cilantro yellow rice and beer braised black beans with a cilantro lime chimichurri and mango hot sauce.
Serve up this woodsy chicken Jerk-Style Smoked Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Jerk chicken grilling on pimento wood at Scotchies in Jamaica. This stuff could've passed for a direct taste-alike to the real deal. It was like the oral equivalent of a Mission. Done right, jerk chicken is one of the great barbecue traditions of the world, up there with Texas brisket and When thick white smoke billows from grill, place chicken on grate, skin side up, and cover.