Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Quiet Valley Roast Chicken
Quiet Valley Roast Chicken.
You can cook Quiet Valley Roast Chicken using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quiet Valley Roast Chicken
- It’s 1 of whole chicken, I used 6 1/2lbs.cleaned and dry.
- It’s 1 stick of butter, softened.
- You need 5 of sprigs rosemary.
- Prepare 4 of lemons.
- You need 1 head of garlic, cut in half.
- You need 2 of sage leaves.
- It’s 3 of stems parsley.
- You need 3 of sprigs thyme.
- You need 5 of carrots, peeled and cut in half.
- You need 3 of onions, cut in quarters.
- You need 6 medium of potatoes, scrubbed clean.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
Quiet Valley Roast Chicken instructions
- Bring pot of water to boil. Boil potatoes whole, about 15-20 minutes, not quite fully cooked. When cool enough to handle, peel and lightly coat with oil, set aside.
- Finely chop leaves of 2 sprigs rosemary, add to butter.
- Zest 2 lemon, add zest to butter. Reserve zested lemons for another use.
- Season butter with salt and pepper to taste, mix all together, set aside.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Season cavity of chicken with salt and pepper, stuff with 2 lemons cut in half, garlic, parsley, sage, thyme and remaining rosemary.
- Place carrots and onions in roasting pan. Place chicken on top of vegetables. Thoroughly coat chicken with herb butter..
- Place potatoes around chicken.
- Bake until done, until juices run clear, follow guidelines for times according to size of chicken. Baste chicken and potatoes with pan juices every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from pan, place on platter, cover loosely with foil, let sit 15 minutes before serving. Skim fat off pan juices and serve along side..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)