Recipe: Delicious Pulled Pork with Strawberry Chipotle Sauce
Pulled Pork with Strawberry Chipotle Sauce.
You can cook Pulled Pork with Strawberry Chipotle Sauce using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pulled Pork with Strawberry Chipotle Sauce
- You need 3.5-4 pound of pork shoulder/butt (Get a well marbled piece – the fat will keep the meat moist during cooking, and what’s left can easily be removed during the shredding process.).
- You need of For the rub:.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of granulated onion.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of paprika.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of salt.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- You need 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of strawberry jam.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of thinly sliced shallots (8 to 10) You can use onions in a pinch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of rub.
- It’s 1 tsp of chipotle powder.
Pulled Pork with Strawberry Chipotle Sauce step by step
- Combine all rub ingredients in a bowl and stir to incorporate evenly..
- Cut the pork butt into 4 equal pieces and season well and evenly with the rub mixture, literally giving each side a few good rubs to work in the seasoning. (This should use up a little more than half the total rub.) While the meat is absorbing the seasoning and coming up to room temperature (at least 30 minutes out of the fridge), preheat the oven to 425 and make the sauce. (Directions to follow.).
- SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS Heat 1 tablespoon oil to medium high in a small pot or saucepan and sautee the shallots until they are translucent and about half of them are golden brown..
- Lower heat to medium and add jam and brown sugar and stir until sugar is completely dissolved..
- Stir in vinegar, salt, rub and chipotle powder and simmer another 2 to 3 minutes. Sauce will likely cool before you’re done shredding the pork. Reheat for 2 or 3 minutes over medium flame before dressing the pork..
- ROASTING THE PORK Roast the pork in a single layer in an oven safe dish for 25 minutes at 425, flipping the meat halfway through. This high temperature will sear the outside and help keep the juices in for the rest of the roasting time..
- Reduce the oven to 375 and roast another 60 to 80 minutes, flipping the meat about halfway through, until the pork shreds easily with a fork FROM EACH PIECE. The variance in time is due to variations in texture, density, fat content of the meat and the temperature of the meat as it goes into the oven..
- Remove pork from the oven and pull apart into large chunks using two large forks and pulling in opposite directions. Doing this will help the cooling process. Allow the meat to cool 10 minutes or so before shredding..
- Shred the pork and dress with warm sauce..
- This pork is super tasty with a side of coleslaw or potato salad, and leftovers make easy sandwiches on burger buns with coleslaw and/or dill pickle chips (and a slather of mayo, if you're like me). Enjoy!.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)