Recipe: Yummy Dry pigeon peas sabji
Dry pigeon peas sabji. Here is the Very Delicious and Spicy Tuvar Sabji also Known as "Tuver Na Thotha" in Gujarati. (Dry Pigeon Peas Curry). Tuvar Sabji can be serve with Bajra. The pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan), also known as pigeonpea, red gram, tur, pwa kongo in Haiti,, guandú and frijol de palo in Ibero-America, or as gungo peas in Jamaica.
This Dry aloo matar sabji goes well with bread, phulkas or even pooris. In between do check and if the water dries up, then add some more water. The pigeon pea has to be one of the most versatile permaculture plants. You can cook Dry pigeon peas sabji using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dry pigeon peas sabji
- It’s 1 cup of dry pigeon peas.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chilli ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare as needed of water.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tbs of oil.
I started growing this legume shrub in my garden because it improves soil fertility by fixing atmospheric nitrogen. But I soon discovered that pigeon pea has many more uses. Dry pigeon pea seeds are stored in treated gunny or PICS bags which help to prevent major damages caused by storage pests like brucchids. Pigeon peas are rich in vitamin and other nutritional elements.
Dry pigeon peas sabji step by step
- Soak pigeon peas overnight or 5-6 hours in lukewarm water..
- Remove soaked water & boil dry pigeon peas by adding 3 cups of water in cooker for 8-10 whistle. Let cool down completely..
- Heat oil in pan add all masala saute for 2 minutes and temper it to boiled pigeon peas,mix and cover lid cook for 10 minutes on slow flame. Served with jowar roti and sweet mango pickle..
They can be cooked alone to be served with a wide range of foods e.g. rice, or mixed with. The pigeon peas (Cajanus cajan), alternatively known as Angola Pea, Gungo Pea, Congo-Pea, Pigeon-Pea, No Eye Pea, Red Gram, Yellow Dhal, Puerto Rico Pea, is a plant species in the legume family of the widely cultivated genus Cajanus Adans. Prepare dried pigeon peas like any other dried peas, beans or lentils. Pigeon peas especially enjoy being in Pigeon peas, botanically named Cajanus cajan, syn. Cajanus indicus, is a perennial member of the Fabaceae family.