Recipe: Yummy Mexican Pulled Pork
Mexican Pulled Pork.
You can have Mexican Pulled Pork using 29 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Pulled Pork
- It’s 1 each of Pork Shoulder Blade Roast (Boston Butt) approx. 6-7 Pounds.
- Prepare 1 each of Green Bell Pepper, Sliced.
- You need 1 each of Red Bell Pepper, Sliced.
- It’s 2 each of Onions, Sliced.
- Prepare of Dry Rub.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lawry's Season Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Onion.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Corriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Mole Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Raisins.
- Prepare 6 each of New Mexico Chile Peppers, Seeded.
- You need 1/4 cup of Almonds, Roasted.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Allspice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Corriander.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 quart of Pork Stock (may substitute Chicken Stock).
- Prepare 1/2 oz of Unsweetened Chocolate.
- It’s 1 each of Slice of Bread, Toasted Dark.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar (how come you taste so good?).
Mexican Pulled Pork step by step
- Mix all ingredients for dry rub thouroughly..
- Apply dry rub to outside of pork butt, liberally..
- Lay out fire for for indirect cooking..
- Place pork but over drip pan, add wood chips for smoking..
- Cook at 250°-300°F, replinishing wood chips as needed for 2-3 hours..
- While pork is smoking, start mole sauce..
- Place chile peppers, and raisins in wide bottomed sauce pan, over medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes until they become aromatic..
- Add spices, tomato paste, almonds, and sesame oil to pan. Cook an additional 1 minute.
- Add stock to pan, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil..
- When sauce comes to a boil, add chocolate, an crumbled, toasted bread then reduce heat to a simmer..
- Simmer sauce for one hour, then using either an immersion blender or stand blender, puree the sauce until smooth..
- Return sauce to a simmer for another hour, then add brown sugar, and season with salt if neccesary..
- After pork butt has been thouroughly smoked, lightly sautee the peppers and onions..
- Place peppers, onions, mole sauce, and pork but in baking dish, and tent with aluminum foil..
- Return pan to indirect heat until the pork easily shreds and pulls away from the bone..
- Mix the shredded pork with the sauce, peppers, and onions..
- Serve on warm tortilla shells with your choice of condiments..
- Some suggestions: Salsa Fresca (a quick recipe is available on my profile), Shredded Cheese, Fresh Cilantro Leaves, Sour Cream, and Sliced Avocado..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)