Recipe: Perfect Pumpkin soup
Pumpkin soup. Whip up this easy pumpkin soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of comfort – it has a lovely silky texture. This is an excellent recipe for pumpkin soup! I have been using it for about two years and my whole.
Pumpkin soup is a usually 'bound' (thick) soup made from a purée of pumpkin. It is made by combining the meat of a blended pumpkin with broth or stock. It can be served hot or cold, and is a popular Thanksgiving dish in the United States. You can cook Pumpkin soup using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- It’s of kgs pumpkins-i used 3 medium sized ones.
- Prepare of potatoes"-about 5 medium sized.
- It’s of spring onion.
- You need of butter.
- You need of leek optional.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of spice of choice I used nutmeg.
Looking for the best Pumpkin Soup recipes? Get recipes like Spicy Pumpkin Soup, Curried Squash and Pear Soup and Curried Butternut Squash Soup from Simply Recipes. These pumpkin soup recipes are like the ultimate experience of fall. They're packed with seasonal flavor, are easy to make, and will fill your house with happiness and warmth.
Pumpkin soup step by step
- Peel and remove the seeds from the pumpkin.
- Put the peelings and the seeds in a large pot with water and simmer for 30 minutes to make stock.
- In the meantime dice the onion and leek,peel the potatoes and dice them.
- When the stock is ready drain into a sieve and remove the seeds.
- Sautee the butter,onion and leek in a pan.
- Add the pumpkin and potatoes.
- Put all your stock,season with nutmeg and salted.
- Simmer till the pumpkin and salt are ready.then blend recheck the seasoning and serve enjoy.
Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video! This creamy (yet cream-less) soup features incredible roasted pumpkin flavor. Easy and delicious creamy pumpkin soup recipe. Your mama's gonna be so proud. It all starts with sugar pumpkins.