Recipe: Tasty Vegan Pesto with Farfalle Pasta
Vegan Pesto with Farfalle Pasta. Made With Organic Ingredients & Without The Artificial Stuff. Annie's™ New Organic Pasta Is the Vegan Comfort Food You Want To Taste. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers.
Vegan pesto is one of my favorite recipes when I find fresh organic basil at the farmers market. Pesto on pasta is fresh, flavorful, light and easy Italian classic. A creamy pasta dish, served vegan-style. You can cook Vegan Pesto with Farfalle Pasta using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Pesto with Farfalle Pasta
- It’s For of Farfalle pasta-.
- You need 2 cups of fresh basil, packed, stems removed, washed and dried.
- You need 6-8 of grapes or cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp. of lemon juice, preferably fresh squeezed.
- You need to taste of Black pepper and salt.
Cremini mushrooms, corn, and red onions are cooked tender with chard and sun-dried tomatoes. It's all tossed with farfalle pasta and a dairy-free creamy corn sauce. Caramelized fennel and a dairy-free basil pesto add sweet, herbaceous notes throughout, while crushed red pepper flakes give the dish a touch of heat. Another quick weeknight meal or lunch.
Vegan Pesto with Farfalle Pasta step by step
- For pesto- In a food processor, pulse the garlic, 2 Tbsp. pine nuts (set aside the rest to be used as a garnish), lemon juice, and basil leaves ..
- While the food processor is running, if possible, carefully and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. The goal here is to create a smooth emulsion. Occasionally, you might have to stop and scrape the sides of the bowl ..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- If you are not going to use all of the pesto, then you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight container..
- For Pasta – Boil pasta with some salt, according to the cooking instructions..
- Save 2 to 3 Tbsp. of water at the time of draining..
- Toss pesto into the pasta along with the saved water, halved tomatoes and 1 tbsp. pine nuts (optional taste good)..
- Garnish with basil before serving..
- NOTES – Leftover pesto can be frozen. I like to use it as a spread on my toast – If you do not have access to pine nuts, you can always use walnuts or pistachios – Skip the nuts, to make _pistou_ instead..
Both the pasta and the pesto can be prepared ahead of time and kept. Warm, assemble, refresh with some pepper, cashew or dried basil and serve. Swiss chard gives the pesto a bright green color and it stays that way even when refrigerated. Use glutenfree pasta for a gf meal. Prepare the pasta – In a large pot, boil the pasta in salt water.