Recipe: Appetizing sausage and bacon risotto
sausage and bacon risotto. Risotto with Bacon, Sausages and mushrooms. In fact, this Tomato, Bacon, Sausage and Mushroom Risotto is tasty, filling and very easy to make. Add the sausage to the rice, and stir again.
Scatter the parsley over the top, and serve immediately, with more grated Parmesan on the side. Spruce up a simple risotto with pork sausages and fennel for a comforting and flavour-packed midweek meal. It will go down a storm with family Tip in the risotto rice and stir until popping. You can have sausage and bacon risotto using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of sausage and bacon risotto
- Prepare 75 grams of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 25 grams of butter or margarine.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- You need 125 grams of cocktail sausages.
- It’s 4 slice of streaky bacon.
- Prepare 50 grams of chorizo.
- Prepare 1 medium of green/red pepper.
- You need 1 can of sweetcorn.
- It’s 25 grams of mozzarella.
- Prepare 200 ml of chicken stock.
This risotto recipe stands out from others because in addition to the usual chicken broth that's used as the cooking liquid, a can of diced tomatoes and their juices join in. That means the rice absorbs that tangy, sweet tomato goodness as it cooks to result in an even more flavorful dish. Mushroom risotto with Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, and sweet Italian sausage. Sometimes I'll mention a recipe to my father, and if it starts with the words "Italian sausage" I don't think it matters that much. tomato and sausage risotto.
sausage and bacon risotto instructions
- cook rice in a saucepan of boiling water for 15mins or until tender.
- meanwhile heat a large frying pan, pour in oil and melt butter. cook the cocktail sausages for 3mins then set aside, cut in half and keep warm..
- add to the pan the chopped onion and bacon and fry for 3mins. then add the chopped pepper and chopped chorizo and cook for a further 3mins..
- once the rice is cooked. drain and rinse in cold water. then add to the pan with the other ingredients..
- stir fry the ingredients for 2mins then add the can (200g) of sweetcorn..
- boil the kettle and make 200ml of chicken stock. pour in the pan and simmer for 5mins.
- lastly return the cooked cocktail sausages and chopped mozzarella and serve :).
Alex cooked dinner last night and, oh, what a meal he made! Two weeks ago, my mother forwarded me this Tomato and Sausage Risotto recipe from her Martha Stewart Everyday Food newsletter — like it. Plate the risotto and add one raw egg yolk to each serving if desired, allowing the diner to break the yolk and stir into the rice. Spoon the sausage and bacon one-pot into a warm serving bowl, put the broccoli on top and garnish with parsley. Risottos aren't hard to make, but they do need attention.